What light fixture is this?

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently traded in a bunch of aquarium odds/ends that were just taking up space at Discount Aquarium in Tempe. In return I was able to get a few things that I really needed. The guys in the shop were great to work with, but I forgot to ask them what brand/model this light fixture is.

The fixture from the side is football shaped. It is a quad t5ho and looks like 2 LEDs (moonlights?). I am wanting to find out more about the fixture so I can look up a user manual and learn how to use it properly and hang it over the tank at the correct distance so I don't melt my zoas.

Thanks!

DSC_0704.JPG DSC_0705.JPG DSC_0706.JPG DSC_0707.JPG DSC_0708.JPG

OP
OP
saltnewb

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
forgot to mention the bulbs that came with the fixture in order from top to bottom, from the first picture, are unknown with blue end caps, unknown, giesemann 24w aquablue+ and unknown

OP
OP
saltnewb

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
okay, turned on the light and found some faded out lettering. the new order is unknown with blue end caps, actinic, giesemann aquablue+, actinic

OP
OP
saltnewb

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh and for some reason i can't get the led lights to turn on.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant find a match for it. What are you using now and what are the dims for the tank its going on.

And yea led dont do well with heat so its not surprising those went out.

OP
OP
saltnewb

saltnewb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant find a match for it. What are you using now and what are the dims for the tank its going on.

And yea led dont do well with heat so its not surprising those went out.

The fixture has a QC date of August 2011, so I at least know the fixture is a little over 5 years old. The light that it has replaced was a two bulb coralife fixture that had actinic and 10,000k bulbs. That fixture now sits on top of my HOB refugium (CPR Aquafuge - medium) with sand chaeto and sea lettuce in it.

The dims of the tank are 24"x19"x15". It is a bowfront tank.

I put it on today and have been keeping an eye on the zoas and they seem to be fine, but not sure they'll stay that way. Just looking at the bulbs, I know I'm going to have to replace at least 3 of them.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but not sure they'll stay that way.
They will.
Its likely because the tubes are old you'll not get the same par as the ones you replaced them with.
BUT, If you keep 2 of the better tubes on the same schedule that you had and then add the next 2 to a shorter period it'll help in acclimation.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back