What light hanger conduit clamps are you using?

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a DIY conduit light hanger for my ATI fixture and I'm wondering what conduit clamps/mounts people are using. I'm thinking I need to add a couple more on mine because my conduit is angled slightly from the weight (also mostly due to how I have the clamps mounted closely together). I would like to go as heavy duty as I can for obvious reasons so I'm wondering what others are using.

Currently I'm using this:
cch_cp_rigidclamps_straps_hangers_conduithanger_520.jpg

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the same thing as you so I could swivel the whole thing out of the way if needed. It worked like a charm for me and I only used 3. Do you have one near the bottom? That is when mine needed the most stability.

OP
OP
drawman

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the same thing as you so I could swivel the whole thing out of the way if needed. It worked like a charm for me and I only used 3. Do you have one near the bottom? That is when mine needed the most stability.
Yeah I'm going to try to add one towards the bottom today so hopefully that will stabilize things. My main problem is with my stand it's a 2x4 constructed stand so there aren't many attachment points. I kind of messed up the very bottom of my light hanger when I bent it so there is a very slight curve to it. Hopefully I can get things attached at the bottom and improved :oops:

Awesome Dennis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a picture? Your talking about supporting the pipe to the cabinet or the light to the pipe?

OP
OP
drawman

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a picture? Your talking about supporting the pipe to the cabinet or the light to the pipe?
No picture at the moment but I can get one later if I can't get this supported well. I'm talking about supporting the pipe to the stand.

Just kind of curious what is all out there and what others have used. I've only seen limited options at the hardware store. That said, hopefully a couple more will do the job for me.

OP
OP
drawman

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added two more to the bottom of the stand and it worked like a charm. Thanks for the input everyone!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back