What light would you buy?

jmuzzey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 125g display tank, and have been running 3 400w 12k reeflux bulbs in lumenmax II pendants with electronic coralvue ballasts for the past year. I am going to be getting new lights here very soon, but I have a few options now. I want to switch over to T5s to save on electricity.

I am looking at the Aquactinics constellation fixture, which is 14 x 39w. Or I could go with 2 36" tek fixtures which would be 12 bulbs in all. Or I could also get the new Fauna Marin T5 light fixture, but most likely would go with 6 or 8 x 80w bulbs if I got one of thsoe fixtures. So it would only be a 60" fixture.

I am wondering what all your opinions are on these lights, or is there some other fixture out there that I am missing? I want individual reflectors, seperate switches for dawn and dusk options, good customer service in case of problems, and overall good quality. I am going to be ordering this light next week and selling my halide set ups. My system is SPS dominate that is roughly 2 years old. I have no clams, some different lps corals, but I am thinking of converting my 60g frag tank over to an all LPS tank for my acans and hopefully some new chalices. I just love seeing a bunch of sweet colored sticks, and want the display to be all sps. I would appreciate any feedback on lighting that any of you can give. Thank you,

Jay

OP
OP
J

jmuzzey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like mine too, but running 1200 watts over display tank, and another 400watts over the frag tank is a lot of light. It is over kill for my tank. I was hoping to upgrade to a larger tank, and that did not happen. Also, I have seen some great colors under T5s and would like to give thema shot. I think I will miss the shimmer a little, but I can always throw a few LEDs or LED strips oin it to add a shimmer. I just am not very knowledgable on T5 lighting, and wondering if I should go with a slightly cheaper TEK, tried and true and trusted constellation, or new and sleek Fauna Marin?

Back