What should I feed my fish ?

lennyd4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a FOWLR tank. Right now I only have about 5 small hermits and an Ocellaris clown. I feed the clown Mysis shrimp right now. Should I witch up foods, such as brine shrimp or flakes? Is there anything else I should feed?

Another point, Should I add vitamins to the shrimp? If so, how often?

Last point, I plan on getting a Diamond Watchman Goby. Should I feed him sinking wafers occasionally or everyday? Are they fine with just the Mysis or Brine that I feed my fish?

Just as a side note, all of the fish I have researched and plan to get are mostly carnivorous , non that really eat just algae/seaweed.

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
brine is more of a filler and not much in it mysis is better imo. Myself I used to feed nothing but Rods Food has a nice variety but have recently switched spectrum pellets with a cube of mysis a couple times a week.

OP
OP
L

lennyd4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You only feed your fish twice a week? I've been feeding the clown a small slice of the cube of mysis once a day.

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally like mysis, however flake is easier and takes less time. So my fish get fed about once every couple days and they usually get flake since I go to work and the lights are off and I come home and they are off.

Rockadile

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol no i feed spectrum pellets every day with a cube a mysis a few times a week. sorry for the misunderstanding

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed mine Ocean Nutrition Formula One peltets and my fish love it. Plus I keep San Fransico Bay brand mysis, marine cuisine, and emerald entre cubes and feed them one of those at random every other day or so.

compmania15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed mine a pinch of mixed Forumla 1 flake, Formula 2 flake and New life spectrum in the morning and then a small squirt of a mixture of Rods Food, Fresh minced Shrimp, minced Squid, and frozen Mysis at night. I premixed all together and froze it in small ice cube trays.

iprayforwaves

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to alternate between frozen and enriched mysis, Rods Food and a couple different types of flakes and granules.

OP
OP
L

lennyd4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so far I am feeding my fish Mysis shrimp every other day. The days I dont feed them the Mysis, I feed formula 1 flakes. Should I be varying it up even more? Maybe formula 2 flakes or try some kind of pellets? My fish are an Ocellaris clown and Pearly Jawfish.

redemer123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my tank a huge variety, rods food, another mixture from my LFS, a seaweed blend, new life spectrum pellets, reef nutrition's arctipods, corals frenzy.....you get it, a BIG variety to keep my pals happy being that I have the skimmer to get rid of any excess :) i wouldnt advise feeding one thing, how would you like eating the same thing eeeevvvveerrrryyydaaayy? just how I look at it

Reef Keeper 18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed frozen mysis for just my fish brine is smaller and easier for coral to eat however my fish sometimes eat it (my baby black occeys are quite fond of it) and I feed pellet food also. Keeps my fish fat and happy!

OP
OP
L

lennyd4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I will buy pellets for them too. I'll check my LFS and hope they have the spectrum pellets, also I will check out the rods food.

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed mostly Rogger's Reef Food (frozen), and some flakes and pellets on a timer.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back