What's for supper? Traditional Newfie food.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to have to post pictures of what I eat back in Cali... it's so so sad. LOL. I know why they have to eat so much here, it's to keep the fat on to battle this mess....

It going to be -18 CELCIUS tonight.

IMG_0534.JPG

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to have to post pictures of what I eat back in Cali... it's so so sad. LOL. I know why they have to eat so much here, it's to keep the fat on to battle this mess....

IMG_0534.JPG
What a great picture.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_0534.JPG
That was one reason I moved South we get snow but it only lasts for a day or two

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only seen snow twice in 20 years since I moved to the states. The first day of this vacation it was a novelty... now after a month I'm horrified.

What a great picture.

You'll notice I wasn't out there helping. Sorry Pop!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally something that I'm hoping I could eat.....looks like fried chicken, french fries and coleslaw! Are you sure you're still in Newfoundland?

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally something that I'm hoping I could eat.....looks like fried chicken, french fries and coleslaw! Are you sure you're still in Newfoundland?

Mary Browns first opened in Newfoundland in the 60s and is now across Canada. It's cooked in peanut oil and is SO good. I always have one feed of it when I come home. I do not like KFC.

Last night we made Linguini and crabs. I caught the crabs in the summer and froze them

Bring it on over and throw it in the pot!!

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i grew up catching blue claws in traps and having the sunday spaghetti with crabs.. you wouldnt hear much at the dinner table because everyone was concentrating on getting all the crab meat out . also grew up on codfish as well but in an italian family you dont put cheese on fish ever .lol my dad used to come home with a 150 qt cooler full of just cod fillets. we used to feed the whole block and have a freezer full .

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i grew up catching blue claws in traps and having the sunday spaghetti with crabs.. you wouldnt hear much at the dinner table because everyone was concentrating on getting all the crab meat out . also grew up on codfish as well but in an italian family you dont put cheese on fish ever .lol my dad used to come home with a 150 qt cooler full of just cod fillets. we used to feed the whole block and have a freezer full .

Blackfish, my family is Sicilian and had a sea food business so that is all we ate. I don't eat lobster any more because I ate so many of them they get me sick. But my wife and Daughter still love them. I used to have a lobster in my lunchbox in grammar school. The teachers used to trade me their peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for it. :cool:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back