What's for supper? Traditional Newfie food.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did I as I also have an Italian background and foreground. :rolleyes:

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haha most people don't know that a tautog is a blackfish but seeing you are from Long island it makes sense lol I grew up in bensonhurst in Brooklyn and fished out of sheepshead bay . I miss blue claws , and just catching sea bass and fluke ..So yummy

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was born in Bensonhurst, Bay 13th Street.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's my last day after a month long vacation. Everyone is sad today. Yesterday was the last day of "real food".

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0382.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep me in your thoughts today, if you could. I have 11 hours flying time, with about 20 hours travel and 38 hours without sleep. Suckage.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep me in your thoughts today, if you could. I have 11 hours flying time, with about 20 hours travel and 38 hours without sleep. Suckage.
I hope you ate before you left.

Great thread Renee. Thanks.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan for retirement is to start driving south with a snowblower in the back of a pickup. When someone stops me and says "hey what's that thing?" I'll know that I've gone far enough.
I have always wanted a snow blower in Florida, just because I can. I do have a snow shovel though. It great for picking up the live oak leaves.

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still carrying 10lbs from this vacation. TEN POUNDS!!! I thought it would come off when I came back to my normal life, but I'm starting to think this is a product of getting older.

PJS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Washing it down with this..... I don't even drink soda, but I downed 4 of them in 2 days. I feel so unhealthy!

IMG_0237.JPG
It may have already been asked but I'm only through page 2 so far, so I'm curious what flavor of Crush is that? I too don't usually drink pop but recently my lovely bride brought home some Grape Crush and have been killing them and I know that they could kill me if I were to continue...lol) :eek:

OP
OP
Lionfish Lair

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's called Birch Beer and is SO good. I was really trying to pay attention to the flavour, but I couldn't describe it or associate it with anything. It's kind of like Root Beer and Cream Soda had a less sweet baby. It's probably a good thing it's not here, as I don't actually like soda. These I would throw back all day long.

A month was a LONG time to pound back food. Then trying to make my mother happy by cleaning my plate, eating 2 meals and all her baked treats. Then you add the fact I didn't move outside of the door for the entire time because of the snow/cold/freezing rain/general yucky weather. I didn't care, because when I came back and resumed my regular eating habits it would come back off, right. RIGHT?! Aw hell.....

This kind of sucks, though, because my clothes are kind of tight. LOL! I don't want to have to diet. Blaaaaaaaaah! Anyone wanna diet with me?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back