Where do you guys suggest for me to buy an anemone?

Chris86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey

Where do yo guys suggest I buy an anemone?
I'm thinking about getting a rainbow bubble tip or a RBTA.

MurphyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check and see if there is a local marine or reef group near you. Your local club is a great source for knowledge and frags.

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're looking online, I've bought nems from liveaquaria, ibluewater, vividaquariums, and a couple others. Buy local if possible. If not possible, I shockingly prefer liveaquaria. I've had trouble before and they refund, no questions asked/no problem. The rest have pricey stuff. if money is no object buy from ibluewater. Off the charts $$$$ but they know their nems and always have stock, but you pay out the butt for the privilege.

Reefing newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're looking online, I've bought nems from liveaquaria, ibluewater, vividaquariums, and a couple others. Buy local if possible. If not possible, I shockingly prefer liveaquaria. I've had trouble before and they refund, no questions asked/no problem. The rest have pricey stuff. if money is no object buy from ibluewater. Off the charts $$$$ but they know their nems and always have stock, but you pay out the *** for the privilege.

Hey what anemones did you buy from them? I saw they posted sunburst anemones but I was curious if those were the real deal for those prices?

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you meant ibluewater, I bought this Haddoni from them. They only stock the creme de la creme. That's why they charge out the as. The only place I've ordered a Haddoni from which arrived healthy and as promised.
E8DACF1F-1B0A-4FCD-A387-474A43AB35F0.JPG

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry! Haha yes I was talking about ibluewater. Looks like a very nice anemone. I was looking at their sunbursts and also that blue nova one as well.

If you contact him by email he gets back pretty quick or you can call. He'll take a WYSIWYG photo for you I imagine. I'd LOVE to buy a purple from him, but way too rich for my blood. I've asked other vendors.. all I could find and not a single one could get one. Nada. Everyone says "I know a guy who can get you one", but it never comes through. Those Sunbursts are really nice, blue nova not too shabby either!! Be sure to post photos if you order! Also FYI, he will ship same day if ordered before 11'ish.

Reefing newbie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you contact him by email he gets back pretty quick or you can call. He'll take a WYSIWYG photo for you I imagine. I'd LOVE to buy a purple from him, but way too rich for my blood. I've asked other vendors.. all I could find and not a single one could get one. Nada. Everyone says "I know a guy who can get you one", but it never comes through. Those Sunbursts are really nice, blue nova not too shabby either!! Be sure to post photos if you order! Also FYI, he will ship same day if ordered before 11'ish.

I will have to send him an email for one then. They definitely look very nice. Haha I know what you mean though. I just purchased a flametip so I might have to hold off but I am huge fan of anemones. I really like the carpets but my tank is only a 75g at the moment I am a little worried about it first outgrowing and second eating some of my inhabitants. Honestly like the red and orange one but that green you posted is very bright.

Edit
My bad. I'll pm you for further information on this because I am also curious about the haddoni anemones.

rich nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about a local reef forum. In manhattan there is always someone selling a bta for about 30-40 bucks

Liquid360

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to send him an email for one then. They definitely look very nice. Haha I know what you mean though. I just purchased a flametip so I might have to hold off but I am huge fan of anemones. I really like the carpets but my tank is only a 75g at the moment I am a little worried about it first outgrowing and second eating some of my inhabitants. Honestly like the red and orange one but that green you posted is very bright.

Edit
My bad. I'll pm you for further information on this because I am also curious about the haddoni anemones.

None at the moment [emoji853] two years ago I owned a loft. One night while out I saw I had 20 missed calls. The neighbors next to and below me had water "gushing" into theirs. I lost the entire tank. Insurance claim was north of $32k. I sold loft and bought a house. My current reef is only 9 months old, but I'll get one soon.
Here's my tank before and after The Great Loft Flood of 2014...
IMG_7120.JPG
IMG_8680.JPG
IMG_7118.JPG

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back