Where to place Protein Skimmer and Pump in my Tsunami sump?

sandy hutchings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where should I place my skimmer in this 3 compartment Tsunami dual sock filter sump? that I purchase for my 125 gallons saltwater reef aquarium.

Please see picture. (hopefully it attached) Do I place the skimmer in the middle? or in the last compartment since the first compartment has the dual socks?

Where do I place my return pump? I plan on putting it in the last chamber and thought about putting my protein skimmer in the same chamber. Not sure if that correct or not, that's why I'm asking. I'm new to this saltwater aquarium thing.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally, one puts the return pump in the last chamber. The last chamber should have the most water level fluctuation. So your auto top off level sensor should go here too. But your skimmer should not be here. Skimmers hate water level fluctuations. The skimmer should go in the middle compartment.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally, one puts the return pump in the last chamber. The last chamber should have the most water level fluctuation. So your auto top off level sensor should go here too. But your skimmer should not be here. Skimmers hate water level fluctuations. The skimmer should go in the middle compartment.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back