Which AI Sol LED unit to get?

shelbyc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
details... Tank length? and height? dont see that part...

Details are: 48L X 30H lights mounted 6" above the water, keep in mind they are so powerful that I have mine at 60%white 85% blue, so the higher you mount them the more coverage and you just increase the intensity to compensate for the height. Also I added another module so I have 4 now, only because I love these things so much otherwise the 3 were great.:wink:
aquarium unit 4 modules.jpg
DSC09532.jpg
DSC09524.jpg
DSC09525.jpg

Tank with 3 modules:
tank unit 3 modules.jpg

wld1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turns out that two week backorder with ReefGeeks has turned into almost 2 months :(

Yep

They are nice finished fixtures. I really like that you can control them with an APEX or Profilux. I've been in line for some as well.

This LED Lighting has exploded and demand has exceeded most quality manufacturers expectations.

Bill

gqjeff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the blues, I have had the white for 8 months and have contacted AI about getting them swapped out for the blues. I will be doing that very very soon. I use 2 units over my cube run off a profilux and they are outstanding.

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, I had to be put on a waiting list for them as well. My LFS ordered five units. Four for the tank donation and one for them. Really put a damper on my plans for the tank.

wld1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just talked to the distributor this morning and hopefully Mid January they will ship.

Bill

TonyV

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, why does everyone only talk about controlling these lights with an Apex or Profi. Do the DA controllers not work? I think I may have found my new fixture.

mooo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, why does everyone only talk about controlling these lights with an Apex or Profi. Do the DA controllers not work? I think I may have found my new fixture.

DA takes way too long to program anything so it isn't wise to buy a data link for the DA controller. The stock AI controller can do more than enough for most with the current beta version of its firmware released so I'd just get that.

TonyV

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks. Looks like I'll need to fabricate some custom tank brackets so I can get the fixture mounted higher than the stock feet allow. I also plan to have the rails black anodized so it blends in nicer with my decor.

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SW100B_SB100W.jpg

The blue looks alot much better imo..and have higher par, go blue!

wld1783

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They work. But if you already have a controller for a reactor, temp, ozone ect the APEX and Profilux are quite capable with additional programing of storms moonlight ect.

AI should be shipping soon, hopefully by mid January.

Bill

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back