OP
OP
CarrieB

CarrieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She certainly looks better! It's good she healed up on her own. The little white bit, I wouldn't worry about just yet. Wait and watch. Probably another abrasion. I just wonder how these are happening? Getting picked on maybe?

Nobody in the tank but her, but I just went back to check on her and she was trying to eat the algae off the front of the powerhead and getting blown around doing it. Maybe she's just a klutz?:) Really happy to see her so active.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nobody in the tank but her, but I just went back to check on her and she was trying to eat the algae off the front of the powerhead and getting blown around doing it. Maybe she's just a klutz?:) Really happy to see her so active.

A clumsy fish is super rare, even if it's pretty funny to think about. lol I wouldn't worry about that little spot just yet. Keep an eye on it and let us know if it starts to get worse or better.

OP
OP
CarrieB

CarrieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3845.JPG

Just thought you all might like to see a fish that I don't currently have any questions about.

He seems healthy, if a little grumpy about the whole TTM thing, even after he jumped out of my hand during a transfer and hit the floor. Yikes!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a little Lympho on his eye?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks pretty great! Glad to see a fish that isn't sick or dying.

OP
OP
CarrieB

CarrieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He looks pretty great! Glad to see a fish that isn't sick or dying.

That was my thought. This is my second try at a flame. The first one only lasted 48 hours. I was crushed. This gorgeous guy (he's a little washed out in the photo because of the flash) was at Petco, of all places.

OP
OP
CarrieB

CarrieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3863.JPG

Here's the Coral Beauty again. This is the other side so you'll have to trust me that the sore spot is healing well. I couldn't get her to pose.

OP
OP
CarrieB

CarrieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So now I need some opinions about next steps.

Goal: Coral Beauty and Flame Angels living in harmony and good will in my 120g display tank.

The timeline:
2/1 CB and first Flame came home to VA from NC. Started TTM.
2/3 Flame died unexpectedly. :-(
2/11 Decided to try one more time and bought second flame and started TTM.
2/13 Moved CB to Biocube 29. Noticed white spot, got advice, happy ending.
2/17 Noticed female clown missing from DT. Nowhere to be found.

<We are here>
2/23 Flame is due to be moved out of TTM.

Question -
Should I move the Flame into the 29 with the CB, with or without some sort of partition.
-or-
move the Flame into his own 20g QT with some LR until 30 days are up.

If I put the Flame in his own QT, after the 30 days should I add him to the Biocube with the CB,
-or-
move the CB into the DT after her 30 days in QT, and then move the Flame in 10 days later when his 30 days are up
-or-
keep them both separate in QT, wait until they are both ready and then move them into the DT at the same time.

One factor is that the CB is definitely shy. Even now she darts in and out of the rocks, coming out to eat and then zipping back in. I'm thinking that she may benefit from a little home court advantage over the Flame. Second factor is that I can take the Biocube apart to extract fish if necessary. It would break my heart to do that to the 120.

Sorry for the long post. What do you guys think? I can move this to a new post under some other forum if you want. Just thought you might appreciate the rest of the story.

Carrie

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@CarrieB How big is the DT both Coral Beauty and Flame Angel will ultimately cohabitate together in?

OP
OP
CarrieB

CarrieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would wait to introduce them once they are both in the DT. Add them both at the exact same time.

Okay, one more question. Looking at the calendar, I'd like to move them on a Saturday so I can keep an eye on them. 3/11 would be 28 days for the Flame. Is that close enough or should I really wait the full 30 days (maybe the next Saturday)?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, one more question. Looking at the calendar, I'd like to move them on a Saturday so I can keep an eye on them. 3/11 would be 28 days for the Flame. Is that close enough or should I really wait the full 30 days (maybe the next Saturday)?

Both fish are getting 30 days of copper, correct? I like to observe for at least 2 weeks after the 30 days just to be sure everything is OK.

OP
OP
CarrieB

CarrieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both fish are getting 30 days of copper, correct? I like to observe for at least 2 weeks after the 30 days just to be sure everything is OK.

No, I didn't put either one in copper. Just TTM and Prazipro. Then I was going to watch them until 30 days. You think that's not enough? I am disinclined to treat with copper without a symptom. What do you think?

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I didn't put either one in copper. Just TTM and Prazipro. Then I was going to watch them until 30 days. You think that's not enough? I am disinclined to treat with copper without a symptom. What do you think?

As long as you observe carefully for two weeks after TTM, and are ready to treat with copper if signs of velvet show, then you should be ok. I QT with TTM and prazi very successfully.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking back over this thread, it appears there was some uncertainty as to whether or not the CB was truly disease free. So, the longer you can observe post TTM, the better.

OP
OP
CarrieB

CarrieB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking back over this thread, it appears there was some uncertainty as to whether or not the CB was truly disease free. So, the longer you can observe post TTM, the better.
That works, because I have had her for ten days longer, so she will get extra observation time while I wait for the Flame to be ready.

Thanks so much, you two. It's a terrific service you provide.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back