white thing?

nickloeuf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I have a few of these white '' thin hair looking '' things growing on some rocks and I actually think they are alive but i have no idea what they are, if they are good or bad?

here's a link to a video!

http://sendvid.com/39tl9x8r

thanks in advance!

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard for me to see, but is it coming out of a tube looking thing? If so, my guess is vermetid snail tentacle.

OP
OP
nickloeuf

nickloeuf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard for me to see, but is it coming out of a tube looking thing? If so, my guess is vermetid snail tentacle.

It is hard for me to see if it's coming out of a TUBE but it looks like it is coming out of a white '' thing '' !

xREEFINaintEZx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first glance it almost looks like brittle star arm... I have a bunch that hang arms out of rocks... If you confirm its the "fishing line" from a vermetid start hunting. They spread fast and will make your tank look like poo. When you attack them you need to glue them shut or crush them at the base. Can you get a pic at some diff angle

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a digitate hydroid, as there seem to be others in the tank. The hole/tube placement underneath could just be a coincidence.

OP
OP
nickloeuf

nickloeuf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At first glance it almost looks like brittle star arm... I have a bunch that hang arms out of rocks... If you confirm its the "fishing line" from a vermetid start hunting. They spread fast and will make your tank look like poo. When you attack them you need to glue them shut or crush them at the base. Can you get a pic at some diff angle

I moved a rock and realized one of them was coming out that white thing/tube... here's a picture

qsp74z.jpg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back