Who has Angels in their reef???

Bongo Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a baby gray angel in my reef and he was great until he grew out of the planktonic feeding stage (yes he was that small). Then he became a nightmare and even would nip at super potent stinging NPS. He loved LPS too.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a baby gray angel in my reef and he was great until he grew out of the planktonic feeding stage (yes he was that small). Then he became a nightmare and even would nip at super potent stinging NPS. He loved LPS too.

Sorry he turned into a coral nipper.

Country Boy using tapatalk on his EVO

Bongo Shrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry he turned into a coral nipper.

He was so cute before he turned into a little monster!
6799a35d.jpg

Dog Boy Dave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though they eat anything soft and the also nip the sps occationally I wouldnt enjoy my system near as much without my Angels. Here they are eating broccoli.

-1angel017_938PM2-7-08.jpg

-1angel015_937PM2-7-08.jpg

-1angel013_935PM2-7-08.jpg

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though they eat anything soft and the also nip the sps occationally I wouldnt enjoy my system near as much without my Angels. Here they are eating broccoli.

-1angel017_938PM2-7-08.jpg

-1angel015_937PM2-7-08.jpg

-1angel013_935PM2-7-08.jpg

Nice!! I'm gonna have to see more of your DT! Nice angels.

illcssd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a multicolor, flameback, and juvenile emperor in the 240. The flameback is the only one I have trouble with. It loves zoa's and leather polyps. But it's worth it. I'll post pictures later today.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a multicolor, flameback, and juvenile emperor in the 240. The flameback is the only one I have trouble with. It loves zoa's and leather polyps. But it's worth it. I'll post pictures later today.

Good deal. Looking forward to some of those pics. I can't wait to get my regal in my DT.

illcssd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best pic I can get of my shy multicolor right now.
DSCF2083.jpg

Doing his favorite activity. Nipping at the toadstool:
DSCF2063.jpg

DSCF2061.jpg

You can see the male Bellus here:
DSCF2035.jpg

DSCF2064.jpg

Female Bellus
DSCF2080.jpg

Dog Boy Dave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the nipping at your SPS colonies every kill the entire colony?

No but they are terrible about picking up frags off of my frag wracks. I loose a lot of frags that way. Please understand my emperator doesnt nip. He bites the ends of off corals. Its a big tank with big colonies. No harm is done

Last edited:

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well recently my peaceful coral beauty had become a sneaky demon. He ate a super nice 5" clam over night and nips at the torch and frogspawn. Needless to say I am looking for a home for him now.

125g mixed reef Peninsula

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Goldflake, Trio of Bellus, Pair of Golden, Tiny Flame, Ugly Multicolor and most recently added a Venustus.

I have about 6 clams - Maximas and Croceas. No issues. Some LPS no problems.

In the past year I have lost 2 colonies of bright red blasto, a rock of bright red zoas and any zoa frags that I add. I didn't think they did to much picking. But I am in the middle of a big work project and set up a desk in front of the tank for the past week, so I am watching the tank at length, especially when the lights are out, and there is alot of picking at corals going on.

When my colonies are more mature and grown out I will follow in Dog Boy Dave's foot steps and try a Navarchus.

Dave B

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well recently my peaceful coral beauty had become a sneaky demon. He ate a super nice 5" clam over night and nips at the torch and frogspawn. Needless to say I am looking for a home for him now.

125g mixed reef Peninsula

Sorry to hear on the clam.

OP
OP
Saltgator

Saltgator

Tang Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Goldflake, Trio of Bellus, Pair of Golden, Tiny Flame, Ugly Multicolor and most recently added a Venustus.

In the past year I have lost 2 colonies of bright red blasto, a rock of bright red zoas and any zoa frags that I add. I didn't think they did to much picking. But I am in the middle of a big work project and set up a desk in front of the tank for the past week, so I am watching the tank at length, especially when the lights are out, and there is alot of picking at corals going on.

When my colonies are more mature and grown out I will follow in Dog Boy Dave's foot steps and try a Navarchus.

Dave B

Sounds like a nice system. Any chance you have pics of the pair of golden or all of them? Nice hearing that the clams are OK.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dave B

Back when I had my golden (( an aggressive pair of pink skunk clowns with an S. haddoni....)) it would love to eat any fleshy LPS. My venustus is the same way (( though it won't touch any other corals )), pretty much the same with my other dwarfs. My C. deborae (( a new species )) is the worse, though the only thing is hasn't touched is Xenia, which I wish it would.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back