Who uses reef breeders led

Shark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard they are cover the controllers under warranty? Does anyone have the info needed to get the replacements? Why wasn't this info mailed/emailed out? Thank You.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard they are cover the controllers under warranty? Does anyone have the info needed to get the replacements? Why wasn't this info mailed/emailed out? Thank You.

You need to request the replacement, email me at [email protected]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

francismorganr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a 48" photon led from reefbreeders...it is amazing pics don't even comapre...just cell pics

Attachments

• 1375284300293.jpg
    1375284300293.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 622
  • 1375284342690.jpg
    1375284342690.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 617
  • 1375284362592.jpg
    1375284362592.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 585
OP
OP
F

Fishinizer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hot a new controller god knows how to replace it and I don't see why clams wouldn't do good ill try it out lol I have to a of clams for sale ill put one under and let you know

Reef Fever

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Photon 24's over my 200g DD with a canopy. I had one over my 120g for 6 months and had great results once I figured out how powerful they are. I have 120* optics on a 27" deep tank and get great results. My 200g is SPS dominated and some acros I don't move higher than the sand bed. I think a lot of people overdo it with optics, IMHO. Here's a pic when I first put them up and one a few months later.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375198039.205309.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375198112.520267.jpg
interested to see how you mounted them under the hood

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interested to see how you mounted them under the hood

I just drilled holes in the top of the hood, ran the wire hanger loop up through the hole and put the 'D' ring through the loop on the top of the canopy. You have to be 6'8" to see what's on top, so I don't really care what it looks like.

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had just swapped out my 250 watt Radium to my New Reefbreeder Photon 24. I figured out that my STN issues where related to my 250 MH. I had a Lumitek select a watt ballast and some how someway someone switched the power output from 250sl to 400sl. I pushing 400+ watts to my 250 watt bulb. It bleached out most my LPS and STN most of my acros.... This was taken just after I installed the LED. 3 weeks ago. I am happy to report my acros are back in my tank (not shown in video) and are doing great.

<br>[video=youtube;mCa801YvZBM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCa801YvZBM[/video]

Jakemac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone use these with a 93gallon cube? I have the photon 24 and run it about 40% and can maintain everything i want with my 29gal standard. Lps, some sps, anemones, softies. The depth of the current tank is 18" but the 93 is 24". Think i'll be covered?

Uchris

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers! I have a Photon32 over my 45gal tall reef tank. I've had it over the tank for about 6 months now and so far so good! I love them.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375858547.457822.jpg

tlombardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the clam shot. I am starting up my 16 gallon Innovative marine tank with the value fixture and was wondering what people had their fixtures set at? I would like to keep a mixed reef so probably soft at the bottom and sps up top but don't really know what to set my fixture at especially when first putting them in the tank.

Thanks

Imsosavvy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After owning my reef breeders led for a good few moths now, and it being my first LED module, I can honestly say I don't know why guys go for/feel like they need any higher wattage output. I started this thing at 25% power and have only ramped it up 15% up to this day, making it run at about 40% white and 35% blue for a 6 hour cycle daily and it is ridiculously powerful. Most of my coral is doing great but there is a frogspawn that has almost completely bleached out and even a millepora who isn't doing well with the light. For reference, the fs is at the bottom of a 14 inch tank, and the light is 10 inches off the water surface. I acclimated all these corals and while most of them can handle the power, some can definitely not. I'm completely happy with the light and love the look ot gives the tank and size and quality of the unit. I will concede though that I should have purchased the LCD control unit so I didn't have to manually increase or dim the lights in increments daily, it truly is a pain. I guess the point of this post though is to try and understand and inquire about the reasons why so many people not only defend but advocate 3w Cree LEDs and aim sometimes for a total wattage output in excess of 150w per unit. It's pretty mind boggling to me because I'm keeping everything, including sps of varying types, who cannot even handle or are fine with my unit output at 40%. Something to think about.

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After owning my reef breeders led for a good few moths now, and it being my first LED module, I can honestly say I don't know why guys go for/feel like they need any higher wattage output. I started this thing at 25% power and have only ramped it up 15% up to this day, making it run at about 40% white and 35% blue for a 6 hour cycle daily and it is ridiculously powerful. Most of my coral is doing great but there is a frogspawn that has almost completely bleached out and even a millepora who isn't doing well with the light. For reference, the fs is at the bottom of a 14 inch tank, and the light is 10 inches off the water surface. I acclimated all these corals and while most of them can handle the power, some can definitely not. I'm completely happy with the light and love the look ot gives the tank and size and quality of the unit. I will concede though that I should have purchased the LCD control unit so I didn't have to manually increase or dim the lights in increments daily, it truly is a pain. I guess the point of this post though is to try and understand and inquire about the reasons why so many people not only defend but advocate 3w Cree LEDs and aim sometimes for a total wattage output in excess of 150w per unit. It's pretty mind boggling to me because I'm keeping everything, including sps of varying types, who cannot even handle or are fine with my unit output at 40%. Something to think about.

Hey Savvy. I agree with you. I have the NOVA A4 over my 60 cube. 24" deep. In trying to ramp this light up and I started noticing the bases of my sps in the upper 1/3 of the tank start to bleach. Not all but a few. So I dug my Seneye par meter out to see what the par was and I was stunned. I have 90 deg optics. I got as high as 55% on both channels before I started to see leaching. Here are my PAR number. Both channels at 100% and 12" BWL (top of my rock pillar) = 1000+ par. At 55% both channels my par at 12" BWL = close to 800. Both channels at 35% 12" BLW = 350 par. Yikes. So I emailed Logan to find out how to take the optics out. After the optics where removed and everything was at 120 deg I tested the par again. Both channels at 100% the par at 12" BWL was only 300. Plus the shimmer effect was almost non existent. I put the optics back in and I am running both channels at 35% at the highest.

My two cents, for all it worth.

Imsosavvy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Savvy. I agree with you. I have the NOVA A4 over my 60 cube. 24" deep. In trying to ramp this light up and I started noticing the bases of my sps in the upper 1/3 of the tank start to bleach. Not all but a few. So I dug my Seneye par meter out to see what the par was and I was stunned. I have 90 deg optics. I got as high as 55% on both channels before I started to see leaching. Here are my PAR number. Both channels at 100% and 12" BWL (top of my rock pillar) = 1000+ par. At 55% both channels my par at 12" BWL = close to 800. Both channels at 35% 12" BLW = 350 par. Yikes. So I emailed Logan to find out how to take the optics out. After the optics where removed and everything was at 120 deg I tested the par again. Both channels at 100% the par at 12" BWL was only 300. Plus the shimmer effect was almost non existent. I put the optics back in and I am running both channels at 35% at the highest.

My two cents, for all it worth.

Hey Patrick, I love the input man thank you for responding. I especially appreciate that you backed up your post with numbers, as I do not own or know anyone who has a PAR meter. Furthermore, I never even knew that the optics would increase the concentration and PAR that much. I have the 90 optics as well, and I only have a 28g nano which I don't even believe to be as deep as what you say. Was taking the optics off very difficult? I have somewhat of a mechanical interest but really I love physics, bio, and chemistry, so if its really a pain don't even bother explaining lol. Seriously though man I appreciate the response though and if your numbers are anywhere near mine, which I suspect they are , I'm going to back off on power. Thanks very much boss.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back