Who uses reef breeders led

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is everyone doing for their light programs? I am going to have mine run from 2pm to 2am but not sure what else you can do programming wise.

Is there a difference betwen the 30 min rampup and 60 min?

bucksfan1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is everyone doing for their light programs? I am going to have mine run from 2pm to 2am but not sure what else you can do programming wise.

Is there a difference betwen the 30 min rampup and 60 min?

The only difference is you get changes every 30 min instead of every hour

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dj, I change mine every hour. Doing 24 time sets is enough work for me and the changes aren't that big anyway. I do a 7 hour ramp up to !00% on both for a hour and the a 8 hour ramp down. I've had my IT2080's over my 180g sps &lps tank for 8 months and I started at much lower setting. I ramp up blue faster than white and the blue channel runs at 100% for 6 hours and white only for 1 at midday. Then the white ramps down faster than the blue. So at dawn and dusk I have only the blue channel for 2 hours.

Last edited:

bucksfan1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine at hour intervals, to dang complicated to program multiple lights to a hour schedule let alone a 30 min schedule. Wish they could be linked so one controls both.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run mine at hour intervals, to dang complicated to program multiple lights to a hour schedule let alone a 30 min schedule. Wish they could be linked so one controls both.

Watch OceanRevive for a solution to that problem and to cut down the need for multiple controllers. It's a rumor I've heard...

Damon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've got the photons, just plug one unit into the other and you program them at the same time.

You of course have to hit both sensors with the remote, but that's just an aiming correctly thing. It cuts down on programming difficulty a ton. I initially set mine up in hour intervals, but once I got used to them and navigation, it didn't take to long.

From Note 2 on Tap 4

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch OceanRevive for a solution to that problem and to cut down the need for multiple controllers. It's a rumor I've heard...

We are also working on this, and something that will work with current fixtures. Stay tuned.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

bhazard451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Patrick, I love the input man thank you for responding. I especially appreciate that you backed up your post with numbers, as I do not own or know anyone who has a PAR meter. Furthermore, I never even knew that the optics would increase the concentration and PAR that much. I have the 90 optics as well, and I only have a 28g nano which I don't even believe to be as deep as what you say. Was taking the optics off very difficult? I have somewhat of a mechanical interest but really I love physics, bio, and chemistry, so if its really a pain don't even bother explaining lol. Seriously though man I appreciate the response though and if your numbers are anywhere near mine, which I suspect they are , I'm going to back off on power. Thanks very much boss.

The optics easily twist off.

If you are running a tank under 24" deep, I also suggest removing the optics. These are very powerful fixtures, and can provide enough light.

The only reason I put the optics back on mine, is because the tank is in my "home theater" room. With the optics off, the light spills outside of the tank, and is blinding if I'm laying on the couch, even just a few inches off the water. If you have a canopy, or a room you won't be blinded in, No optics is the best way to go.

Imsosavvy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The optics easily twist off.

If you are running a tank under 24" deep, I also suggest removing the optics. These are very powerful fixtures, and can provide enough light.

The only reason I put the optics back on mine, is because the tank is in my "home theater" room. With the optics off, the light spills outside of the tank, and is blinding if I'm laying on the couch, even just a few inches off the water. If you have a canopy, or a room you won't be blinded in, No optics is the best way to go.

This is great feedback hazard. It's funny you mention the light spilling out scenario because my tank is in the living room within 2 feet of where I sit on my couch and I already get some light spillage with the 90 optics so I'm sure the same thing would happen to me as did you. I like that you say the optics are easy to remove but if I did that I would have to remove that sticker to remove the outer case and that voids the 2 year warranty doesn't it?

bucksfan1976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question what if I remove the inner row ( towards the center) would this help with the shadow
mezenuhu.jpg

bhazard451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slide the fixtures in a little bit more if you can. Remove the inner optics too if desired.

Removing the optics won't void the warranty. Logan has quoted this before. Just be careful inside.

I've been running these lights 8 months now, proof positive that they work well. Would a MH/T5 setup get better growth and color? Possibly. Its not worth the 700w+ extra, plus bulb changes, plus chiller to find out though. Not even close. I've run MH/T5 before, and my results have been very similar, minus the heat and electricity.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slide the fixtures in a little bit more if you can. Remove the inner optics too if desired.

Removing the optics won't void the warranty. Logan has quoted this before. Just be careful inside.

I've been running these lights 8 months now, proof positive that they work well. Would a MH/T5 setup get better growth and color? Possibly. Its not worth the 700w+ extra, plus bulb changes, plus chiller to find out though. Not even close. I've run MH/T5 before, and my results have been very similar, minus the heat and electricity.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

+1 I have very similar experience with MH & t5 and my EverGrow and OceanRevive lights have been doing the job for 8 moths as well.

tlombardo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow thanks for the responses I love this thread. For those of us with the non-programmable value fixture how do you go about doing a daily ramp up/how would anyone else recommend it? I am not around during the day to twist the knobs every hour but could I have half the lights turn on for like an hour before the other side comes on? does it matter if I start with blue first? Would this help my corals?

Thanks again

Rob in Puyallup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Breeders Value here.

Blue higher than white.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376484557748.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376484557748.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 379

Badfish83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To those who have had their reefbreeders set up for longer than 6 months and have sps, are you happy with your sps colors and growth. How do your pink sps look?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back