Who uses reef breeders led

Rob in Puyallup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A whole tank shot. Just one sps which has noticeably grown in the three weeks that I've had it. The zoas and other corals are growing rapidly with no feedings.
u9ysy8av.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

bhazard451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To those who have had their reefbreeders set up for longer than 6 months and have sps, are you happy with your sps colors and growth. How do your pink sps look?

With the neutral white layout, my colors were great. I like to experiment, so I added some 14k LEDs offered into the fixture too. Don't do this, because while my green sps has grown 2x as fast, my purple and pink ones are washing out. I'm replacing them with neutrals again today.

Stick with the default layout. Add some 430nm violets and cyan from ledgroupbuy, and you have a fixture spectrum better than the top of the line fixtures in the market.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Badfish83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With the neutral white layout, my colors were great. I like to experiment, so I added some 14k LEDs offered into the fixture too. Don't do this, because while my green sps has grown 2x as fast, my purple and pink ones are washing out. I'm replacing them with neutrals again today.

Stick with the default layout. Add some 430nm violets and cyan from ledgroupbuy, and you have a fixture spectrum better than the top of the line fixtures in the market.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Would you replace maybe half of the uv's with 430nm?

Salty_Box_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if there's a video online of someone running through the adjustments on both channels on the value fixture? If not would it be possible for someone to post one? I'm thinking about selling my kessil a150w 15k for one but want to make sure I know exactly what I'm getting first.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if there's a video online of someone running through the adjustments on both channels on the value fixture? If not would it be possible for someone to post one? I'm thinking about selling my kessil a150w 15k for one but want to make sure I know exactly what I'm getting first.

You mean you want to see how to program the settings on the controller? Or do you mean you want to see how the light looks after the controller is programmed? It really isn't very hard, it just takes a few minutes because you have to do either 24 or 48 entries on each channel. I did my changes every hour, so 24 entries per channel and I have 3 fixtures, so a total of 144 entries and it took about 15 minutes. It really isn't hard. And I did mine before ReefBreeders was selling them and my instructions from EverGrow were barely understandable (their first Chinese to English translation was pretty bad).

horseplay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, quick question here. What happens if power is lost then come back on? Does the photon controller resume itself?

Jonathan G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did notice with mine that when I power them back on I sometimes need to go back into the custom programming area and then back out for them to get back on schedule. It takes 2 seconds to do so it's no big deal.

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to swap out the org. Whites with 14k and 20 k LEDs that Logan sent me .... To be back closer to what I was running with ati bulbs. Can't wait!

uf_gators

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
65% blue, and 5% white. Only cause the white makes it yellowish. That was pic taken. But everyday has been peak of blue 45%, and white 15%.... I had to lower due to the LEDs are strong. I did bleach my hammers thus why only 45/15 now.... Fixture is 8 in above water surface.

GHill762

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do.. new tank set up last month.. corals are looking better, don't know if it's the new LEDs or because of greater water volume.. I'm inclined to think greater water volume, my old LED setup was nearly the same combination..

Shark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody having issues with their remote not working like I am? Mine stopped working on both lights. Seemed like it may be related to the new controllers that I installed. They did work after the new ones were installed but not as well as before. New batteries didn't do anything. Contacted Logan and he sent me two new remotes, but they don't work either. Thanks in advance for any help.

hung

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else with updated pictures? I am waiting to order my Photon 48 but I'm waiting for the tank mounts to be manufactured first.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back