Wife's Gladiator Red Sea Reefer 170 Build

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! First ever build thread! We got a red sea reefer 170 the other day with the white cabinet. We got around to putting the cabinet together. I'm ready to get this going, but I'm taking my time & making sure I do everything right from the start!

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to see it set up!

OP
OP
pugcrush

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick video showing the boxes.

And now we are in business!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice tank!

OP
OP
pugcrush

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been busy! Didn't get a chance to put water in it this week. I'll be doing that tomorrow for sure.

What I did accomplish this week, I picked up a few nice pieces of live rock. I already had a few pieces stashed away in my parent's sump for a future build so I should be good. I had my wife sign off on going bare bottom early on. I had planned on getting starboard on Friday (part of the reason I haven't gotten it wet yet), but she didn't understand why I'd have to put such a thing down in the tank. I've learned to not start a debate with the wife. So as of now, we'll be going with sand!

OP
OP
pugcrush

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leak tested it this week. Kind of a pain but we're getting it going. Getting some equipment this week!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following!

OP
OP
pugcrush

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I leak tested all week so I've got the green light! Saltwater going in as we speak. RODI has been working overtime.

Here's my equipment list. I need to get the Ecotech gear. Too bad there was no sale this year!
Controller - Neptune Apex
Lighting - Radion XR15 Pro
Powerheads - 2 x MP10
Return - Eheim Compact 2000
ATO - Tunze Osmolator 3155

burtbollinger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks good so far...I just ordered a 170 too. What are you using for an ATO container with the Tunze and where are you locating it?

OP
OP
pugcrush

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks good so far...I just ordered a 170 too. What are you using for an ATO container with the Tunze and where are you locating it?
Awesome! Sorry been off the radar on keeping this updated. You get yours yet? I honestly haven't even hooked up the ATO yet. The plan is to get an equipment cabinet & house it next to the tank. It's going to be a tight fit. I picked up a used 10 gal container, but it'll probably end up being too big so I'll end up using that for my other tank. I plan on getting the 5 gal from synergy if I can find a few bucks in my pocket.

OP
OP
pugcrush

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm behind on some updates! Here's the my rockwork going into this. I think it allows plenty of room for frags & stuff to grow in. I hope to be rocking lots of SPS down the middle. I did have the Kessil a80 on it for a few weeks with some test frags. It's a nice little light. I'll be putting it on a little project tank in my office when I get some free time!

OP
OP
pugcrush

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This sweet lid from Artfully Acrylic show up this week. It's a real nice clean fit & keeps the rimless look!

OP
OP
pugcrush

pugcrush

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I really love your aquascape! What's your plan as far as fish?
Thanks! Just the gladiator clownfish pair. Maybe an algae blenny or a flamehawk b/c wife enjoys them. Since it's 'her' tank, she make's the call LOL But I'm not planning for many fish. Awesome coral is what I'm shooting for! This is them fresh off the plane going cross country

Very nice looking tank, will be following
Thank you!

Back