Will this fishing combo work or should I be aware of anything?

Andreass

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys i hope you guys can give me some advice and possibly dissuade me anything regarding this:

My tank is fairly new but want to add new fish in the tank and I've seen me out 3 fish I want to buy this time and it is the following:

Heniochus Acuminatus (S)
Acanthurus nigricans (S)
Genicanthus bellus (S)

The reason for i wonder is that I have these fish from before:

Mystery wrasse
Purple tang
Convict Tang
2 clown
cleaner wrasse

I wish to know whether I can expect me any trouble here or any of the fish I want to buy does not fit or we will be in danger and dying due to other fish is aggressive?

I have quarantine tanks and the fish will go into it with medesin few weeks before I eventually let them out into the main tank.

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are the dimensions/gallonage of your tank? The answer to that question will help our experts greatly. Also how big are your current two tangs and how long have you had them? Compatibility wise I don't see a problem with the angel and bannerfish but I will leave the tang question to the experts ;).
@4FordFamily

OP
OP
Andreass

Andreass

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahh sorry :O

My tank is 130x80x60 cm and my 2 tangs i will guss is Small and i have had the convict tang for arount a year but i did put my purple tank in the tank for 2 month ago. when i added the purple tank the convict did get abit agressiv but now they are friends and everythinge works :)

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahh sorry :O

My tank is 130x80x60 cm and my 2 tangs i will guss is Small and i have had the convict tang for arount a year but i did put my purple tank in the tank for 2 month ago. when i added the purple tank the convict did get abit agressiv but now they are friends and everythinge works :)
If you add an acanthurus to two tangs, particularly another acanthurus you may have trouble-- in fact I would bet on it. In a 4 foot long tank more or less you will also have trouble with the new tang outgrowing it.

I personally recommend against trying this, with the tang. Everything else looks pretty good assuming the purple isn't too aggressive

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The purple tang may behave aggressively toward the Heniochus.

If you do add these fish I strongly recommend using a social acclimation box.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 23 31.1%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 59 79.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.4%
Back