Wrasse Retreat 2.0: Evolved's 270g Peninsula

Nicolas_Brown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow hunter! After moving from Phoenix is like I lost all touch with the reef community till I joined here getting a new breath of fresh air! Always loved drooling over you tanks

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow Hunter it looks great!

ascheff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank! Everything is so well planned, I love it.

I have the Neptune feeder above the return pump; the pellets are easily sucked up by the return pump at feeding time.

I do this too, for the pellet feedings that happens while I'm at work. It works a treat since each feeding is the least amount my feeder can dispense at a time, so results in a nice even dispersion into the water column. While on holiday at home the past week I've noticed my Isosceles has caught on, and I have seen her hanging around and watching the return pipe often during the day. These wrasses are too clever!

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! All around great build.
Thanks!
Wow, that's very nice. Tank, corals, and fish are beautiful
Thank you!
:D Thanks!
Wow hunter! After moving from Phoenix is like I lost all touch with the reef community till I joined here getting a new breath of fresh air! Always loved drooling over you tanks
Glad you joined us here! And thank you for the compliments Nic!
Wow Hunter it looks great!
Thanks Rev; good things come to those who wait. Now go keep your build thread followers waiting. :p
Looks amazing! Can't wait to see more photos.
Thank you!
Amazing tank! Everything is so well planned, I love it.
Thanks; I'm a planner in life in general, but that probably goes without saying. :)
I do this too, for the pellet feedings that happens while I'm at work. It works a treat since each feeding is the least amount my feeder can dispense at a time, so results in a nice even dispersion into the water column. While on holiday at home the past week I've noticed my Isosceles has caught on, and I have seen her hanging around and watching the return pipe often during the day. These wrasses are too clever!
Mine can tell time; they'll move towards that end when the clock ticks near. And I also use the Apex to put the Vortechs into feeding mode just prior to turning the feeder, so any fish who's not watching the clock moves down quick when the Vortechs slow down. :)
How is the Jeweled leopard? Never Knew you had one!
There's 2, actually. Some better pictures of them in the old tank here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/evolveds-190g-dsa-reef-wrasse-retreat.110197/page-12#post-3420019
Well, there's a story with them. I was actually gifted 5 of them. I QT'd them all together in a 10g tank for 6 weeks (yes, I'm a bit nutty as you've already come to know - I wouldn't advise such to the casual hobbyist). I didn't really want to put all 5 in the old 190, and this new tank in a new house wasn't even on the horizon at that time. So 2 of them went to zibba, 1 went to Brad Syphus in Utah, and I kept the other 2.
Also no earls????? And you lineatus looks amazing!
Earlei was lost about a year ago; there's a mention on the same post linked above too. I'll end up with another. And thanks!

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been waiting a long time for these photos! Such a great job with everything man. I'm glad to see that C. claire again! The "Wrasse Retreat" on the wall was the icing on the cake. Looking forward to seeing this tank progress!

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been waiting a long time for these photos! Such a great job with everything man. I'm glad to see that C. claire again! The "Wrasse Retreat" on the wall was the icing on the cake. Looking forward to seeing this tank progress!
Thanks, me too!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy it's beautiful.

Those are some huge acropora colonies.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy it's beautiful.

Those are some huge acropora colonies.
Thanks Cheryl. :)
They were already good sized colonies in the old tank, but the pocillopora dwarfed and out-competed them. :rolleyes:
But they've grown fast now with a few months time.

Sctip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks amazing, I wish I had the room to do a tank like that. Instead I have to space my tanks out into smaller tanks. Keep the pics coming when you can.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks amazing, I wish I had the room to do a tank like that. Instead I have to space my tanks out into smaller tanks. Keep the pics coming when you can.
I must admit that choosing a home which would allow a peninsula tank was a small factor in the decision making (but not a deal breaker if it wouldn't work).
Thanks, and will do!

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

redsea01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, your tank and stand are absolutely breathtaking! I love your Tomini too, they're such great fish. I may get one for my upcoming build. :)

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stand is incredible!
Thank you! I know that some were a bit astounded and jaws dropped at the cost in the whole stand. Having learned a bit with each tank I have set up I was determined to plan and execute a stand that put function first but still looked great.
Okay, your tank and stand are absolutely breathtaking! I love your Tomini too, they're such great fish. I may get one for my upcoming build. :)
Thanks! The Tomini was really added long ago simply as a working fish. I tend to usually look right past him; ha! :rolleyes:

Back