Wronggenotype Shallow 230

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!! I don't know how I missed this one. Great looking tank, love the dimensions. I working on one very similar 96x32x22. Great aquascape too, can't wait to see the progression of this tank!

OP
OP
WrongGenotype

WrongGenotype

Gene
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking Good!

Wow!!! I don't know how I missed this one. Great looking tank, love the dimensions. I working on one very similar 96x32x22. Great aquascape too, can't wait to see the progression of this tank!

Looks awesome. Really like that foot print.

Thanks. Yeah really digging the dimensions. This is my first 8' tank and it is really phenomenal. So much real estate. :)

OP
OP
WrongGenotype

WrongGenotype

Gene
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i love this build........ your plumbing and wiring skills are works of art.
The tank is beautiful. Love how well planned out everything looks. Feeling inspired for my build :)

Thanks appreciate it. I've been planning this build for a long time and it's awesome to see it coming to life. I took it really slow and did a lot of the planning upfront.

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those tank dimensions are sick. I owned a 180 gallon (72x24x24) cichlid tank and loved all the space. I also like how you setup all your electricals. Nice planning and I can't wait to see how this tank looks in 6-12 months.

If you ever want to send that beautiful Jawbreaker mushroom back to the Bay Area, let me know. I have a tank full of her cousins waiting to for a reunion.

gdc1118

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is absolutely gorgeous. Great design and attention to detail. Can't wait to see the forthcoming updates.

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update Gene. How's the LFS in Seattle? Let me know if you see some nice SPS, I have a grow out tank now for a bunch of SPS, will be starting a new 210 once these babies start to out grow this tank.

OP
OP
WrongGenotype

WrongGenotype

Gene
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those tank dimensions are sick. I owned a 180 gallon (72x24x24) cichlid tank and loved all the space. I also like how you setup all your electricals. Nice planning and I can't wait to see how this tank looks in 6-12 months.

If you ever want to send that beautiful Jawbreaker mushroom back to the Bay Area, let me know. I have a tank full of her cousins waiting to for a reunion.

Yeah the dimensions are awesome. Couldn't be any happier with the footprint. No plans on ever getting rid of my tie dye. mine mine mine :)

This is absolutely gorgeous. Great design and attention to detail. Can't wait to see the forthcoming updates.

Very nice and clean set up!

Thanks guys. Excited to see this build in a year.

Any update Gene. How's the LFS in Seattle? Let me know if you see some nice SPS, I have a grow out tank now for a bunch of SPS, will be starting a new 210 once these babies start to out grow this tank.

I'm thinking about doing a big sps order mid month to get into qt. I'll let you know what I end up doing.

Really nice tank! In for the ride. Nice jb and bounce.

Well done awesome quality build ...

Amazing tank!

Thanks guys

Last edited:
OP
OP
WrongGenotype

WrongGenotype

Gene
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been pretty slow going but added a couple things since my last update. Equipment wise I added a reef link and also and apex auto feeder. Not sure how I like either yet but so far the reef link seems pretty nice and the auto feeder is convenient but hard to dial in and I end up with a lot of pellets just going down the overflow. As for the livestock I added another bunch of coral, primarily znp’s, from qt. Started organizing the frags around the tank and glued pieces here and there. Almost ready to do a big sps order to start getting them quarantined. I also added a trio of moorish idols on Jan. 23rd. Lost one the first night but the other two are doing pretty well so far. They are eating everything I put in the tank and are actually pretty aggressive eaters. Been feeding a ton to fatten them up so hopefully the pair will make it long term. Need to get my next set of fish, anthias and wrasses into qt as well so I can get them in the tank in a couple weeks. Anyways heres some updated shots of the tank/coral.

IMG_7144_zpst9f6o8mq.jpg

IMG_7120_zpsyo7cf4j4.jpg

IMG_7130_zpskg1kzkvf.jpg

IMG_7117_zpsedzam70s.jpg

IMG_7131_zpsfcevptym.jpg

IMG_7132_zpswldufasx.jpg

IMG_7133_zpszkc4w7yk.jpg

IMG_7134_zpsx47omusc.jpg

IMG_7135_zpsbbj9suwn.jpg

IMG_7136_zpsskttwdib.jpg

IMG_7138_zps3bvzbt9x.jpg

IMG_7139_zpsxfn9qbb5.jpg

IMG_7140_zpssqnsvqfv.jpg

IMG_7141_zpsbndrtufs.jpg

IMG_7142_zpscd6gykzt.jpg

IMG_7143_zpsbqyed9kg.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
GAH! What a super reef!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back