• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

WTB: ATI Sunpower (Dimmable) T5 48" 6x54 (6 bulb)

Rich Kapoor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for an ATI dimmable Sunpower T5 fixture 48" 6 bulb.

Been using LEDs till now and looking for a change. PM me if you have one laying around. I prefer its used.. so to keep the price within reach.

wcorbinreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have dimmable but I have ATI 6 bulb 48" basically 200 plus shipping grows the hell out of corals

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/the-ati-black-friday-factory-second-sale.274466/

I never understood the use of a dimmable T5 unit as it doesn't put any positive facts out for corals or fish.
I have done both the sunrise and sunset fixtures either T5 and LED's but my corals grew and been as colorful as with the dimmable fixtures.

It does have an affect. It is more natural. Allows time for the creatures that come out at night to go back and hide from predators. It gets your coral and fish on a schedule. The sun doesn't just instantly rise. Your light shouldn't instantly turn on either.

ApocalyptiCoral

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the non-dimmable version with Korallen Zurich bulbs only a month old bulbs needs a new splash guard (piece of acrylic to protect the bulbs) Sell it to you cheap sorry its not dimmable tho.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too bad that isn't true. Ramping up and down of your lighting has a big affect on overall tank health.

IME that never made a difference.
I ran tanks with and without dimming and never noticed any negative effect in the last 30 years.
But I must say it looks cool to the eye for the hobbyist.
image.jpeg

JMMJ13902

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have one. 6 bulbs, 48" dimmable with new bulbs replacement. $500. Excellent condition. Pm me if interested.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back