Wyze Cam V2 Tank Mount

Odysseys_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All!

I spent a little bit of time trying to find a Wyze Cam mount that would work for an aquarium but no dice. After a bit of engineering I came up with this design. This mount hangs on the lip of any rimless aquarium and allows your camera to be flush to the glass without causing an eyesore. I hope this will help anyone looking for a Wyze mounting solution. Below I have attached my thingeverse link so you may print it yourself! Happy Reefing!

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 2.50.18 PM.png

Woodneers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think you can make this to support the pan/tilt version? Would be super cool if you could incorporate a spot for a filter lense! I use my camera to check on multiple things around the tank hence the reason I got the pan/tilt version.

OP
OP
Odysseys_Reef

Odysseys_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think you can make this to support the pan/tilt version? Would be super cool if you could incorporate a spot for a filter lense! I use my camera to check on multiple things around the tank hence the reason I got the pan/tilt version.
I don't currently own a Pan/Tilt model but I will take a look at some mounts on thingiverse and see if I can come up with something!

OP
OP
Odysseys_Reef

Odysseys_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This Is what I came up with using another mount I found online. I will upload the files to Thingverse now.

Attachments

• WYZE PAN.JPG
    WYZE PAN.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 156
OP
OP
Odysseys_Reef

Odysseys_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can get you some exact measurements with calipers if needed. Here is what I currently see! A filter would be hugely beneficial.

9A4575AE-8F87-49FA-9AAF-908104BE7C4B.jpeg
In terms Of designing a mount for a filter I would need to have a camera in hand as well as a filter to figure out what size and thread count I would need to make this idea come to life!

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is hugely awesome! I just got a wyze cam to have as an aquarium cam, and you can see half my room cause I had to place it so far away, sadly my tank is rimmed, but I am sure I can do a little design tinkering and make a rimmed model, if I do I will make sure to post it as a remix ( on thingiverse ) and give your credit :)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 44 84.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.8%
Back