XR15 Pro VS Kessil A360

mrsaltwaterguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I've had my tank running for about 10 months now and have been using the two of the A360's for the entire time. I've had some decent growth on my LPS and other soft corals but it hasn't really been all that much. My current light schedule ramps up 70% color and 70% intensity over a 2 hour period and then stays there for 5 hours, followed by a 2 hour ramp down until they shut down for the night. I've had some of the easier SPS corals such as birds nest and green slimers and have seen 0 growth over the last few months. I was wondering if a switch to the XR15 Pro's may help at all. I know that the Radions have some of the pre-built in lighting timers for Maximum growth that may help a newer reefer such as myself. What are your experiences with the two lights?

TLDR; Will two XR15's help growth in my corals at all?

andys

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size tank ? i have 4 360WE's on my tank witch is 60x24x24. in my little 36 i have 2 360WE's and have great growth

Slickrick

Rick's Reef Farm
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights are fine, it's the water chemistry.
What are the calcium, alkalinity, pH, magnesium, etc. levels?
Cheap Chinese box growers around here get great growth, and swear it's mostly about the water. I would have to agree.
Just My Opinions

OP
OP
mrsaltwaterguy

mrsaltwaterguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are over a 4 ft 75 gallon tank (48x18x21), I do weekly 10% water changes with IO Reef Crystals. Last time I checked Alk was around 12, Calcium was 500, PH fluctuates between 7.8 and 8. I haven't test Magnesium recently so I can't speak to those levels.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 43.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back