XR15w PRO vs. Kessil 360

EquinsuOcha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thoughts on what to choose for a 50 gallon? Either way going with 2 of each. Just can't decide which two...

OP
OP
EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ap700 claims to be enough for a 50 gallon, I would agree. Xr30 BRS recommended 2 15s over the 30.

Ap700 I did look at but from what I see there is no mount for it unless I missed it. I'd prefer not hanging the lights.

Correction found a mount on ap700 :)

This is for a Red Sea reefer 250

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one A360 over my 50g cube. Corals grow fast and colors are great.

dbrewsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your goals for this tank? SPS/mixed/LPS/softies? It will be beneficial to know your end goal for recommendations. Either way I would stick with at least two fixtures as one of the main issues people encounter with LEDS is providing adequate coverage since the light is very point-source.

OP
OP
EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your goals for this tank? SPS/mixed/LPS/softies? It will be beneficial to know your end goal for recommendations. Either way I would stick with at least two fixtures as one of the main issues people encounter with LEDS is providing adequate coverage since the light is very point-source.

Great point!
Goal - LPS, softies, fish, and some gorgonian

dbrewsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would go with 2 kessil 360 we in your case. They have a great form factor and provide quick and easy spectrum/intensity adjustment.They integrate well with an APEX or the standalone Kesill controller. They are not going to push the same par as the radions, but since you are not planning a SPS tank, then you should not need it. The kessils are hard beat for spectrum and natural looking glitter lines but they do lack in the par department making them the lesser choice for a high performance application such SPS.

OP
OP
EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wish locals near me had both setups haha I'd like to see in action

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would go with 2 kessil 360 we in your case. They have a great form factor and provide quick and easy spectrum/intensity adjustment.They integrate well with an APEX or the standalone Kesill controller. They are not going to push the same par as the radions, but since you are not planning a SPS tank, then you should not need it. The kessils are hard beat for spectrum and natural looking glitter lines but they do lack in the par department making them the lesser choice for a high performance application such SPS.
Well said and agreed.

OP
OP
EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in the end Kessil is more cost effective, I won't have to buy the 129.99 wxm for the apex!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.2%
Back