Yellow watchman goby or Randall's shrimp goby

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Undecided between getting two yellow watchman gobies or two Randall's shrimp gobies?

I assume they are pretty much identical in temperament. I already have a pair of yasha gobies.

IMG_5151.JPG

IMG_5160.JPG

Josett Waid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Undecided between getting two yellow watchman gobies or two Randall's shrimp gobies?

I assume they are pretty much identical in temperament. I already have a pair of yasha gobies.

IMG_5151.JPG

IMG_5160.JPG
I have a Randall's goby, he has a great personality and holds his own. I've never had a watchman so I don't know how they usually act but I'm assuming like you said, are pretty much the same. I think it just comes down to what pair you really want for your tank.

JTreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Randall's are more docile the the yellow watchman. The yellows are Cryptocentrus. Tend to be bigger more aggressive over all than the other types of shrimp gobys- Amblyeleotris, Stonogobiops, etc

JTreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a blue spot watchman. Tough. Not as pretty as the yellows but I really like him

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love my watchman/pistol pair. They are super cool to watch..see what I did there

IMG_6897.JPG

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I LOVE my YWG

VLR3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a guy working at my LFS that told me a Randall’s goby will only pair with a Randall’s pistol shrimp but after looking around online I don’t see anything else that says that. I’ve even seen pics of Randall’s with other shrimp. I bough the Randall’s goby but not the tiger pistol shrimp they had thinking I would get the shrimp later but now that I can’t find a Randall’s pistol I’m thinking I should just get the tiger or banded shrimp. Does anyone know if this info was right or wrong?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back