Yellow Watchman Goby?

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why does he/she have this internal dark area. I've never seen it on a Watchman before. My friends isn't like this.
89fa45bc116df476107e4a6d8ada4a70.jpg

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if this is the case here, but sometimes when a fish comes into contact with certain corals it will get stung and this will leave a mark. There's a name for this, but I can't remember it right now. As long as the fish is behaving normally & eating well, I wouldn't worry about the blemish too much. GL.

Last edited:

ngvu1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never saw the second half of mine as it is only showing the first half only. When I come close to watch him, he retracts to the cave immediately

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Internal, like a bruised organ or something? Can you see it from the other side?

OP
OP
NanaReefer

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok upon closer inspection whatever it is it seems to be alive. There is a tiny lil needle like probe that keeps poking out of the bottom of the dark area. I can actually see it moving. It is definitely inside the fish.

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He needs qt and meds quick but these don't usually end well once the parasite is visible [emoji22]

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prazipro/metro should work if it is an intestinal fluke. If it is an isopod idk what to do other than manual removal...

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang it! He just finally paired up with my Pistol after 6 months in the tank together. He's an awesome lil fish and I really enjoy him.
Hopefully it is a simple intestinal fluke that will pass with meds and the two can be reunited. I lost my fork tail blenny to an isopod that made its home in its throat..

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sarcotaces is a possibility
" One of the most extreme examples of this is the copepod Sarcotaces. It is found in the body cavity near the anus. Rockfish are a common host. The male and female copepods are surrounded by a sac made from intestinal tissue (F). The large female appears to be little more than a pear-shaped bag covered with wart-like growths. The males are much smaller than the female and shaped like an arrow. If the sac is cut while cleaning or filleting the fish, a black, inky fluid will leak out. This is degenerate fish blood which filled the body cavity of the copepod."

https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Conservation/Marine/Parasites#copepods

Naiad

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. As long as you don't have any fan worms. Prazi is reef safe so soaking pellets won't hurt. It is always best to use meds outside of a reef though

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back