Yet Another New Reefer

gritchie4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. My name is George and I am from Las Vegas, NV. Just thought i would come by and introduce myself. I am currently the owner of a JBJ 3 Gallon Picotope.

Equipment:
-PAR30 bulb from BoostLED
-AC70 moddified to a fuge
-Hydor pico powerhead
-stealth pro 50w heater
-4lbs of fiji live rock
-3 lbs of caribsea sand

Invert:
- 2 Sexy Shrimp
- 2 Hermit Crabs
- 5 Nerite Snails

Corals
- Various Zoanthids
- Various Palys
- 3 Ricordea Florida Mushrooms
- 1 Red Mushroom

And a couple pics:
IMAG0519.jpg

IMAG0534.jpg

IMAG0505.jpg

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to a great forum! one word of advice, get rid of the stealth pro. 2 people on my local forum have had problems with ones that are not even on the recall list. And the LFS basically told me there marineland rep basically said with out saying, that all marineland heaters have a problem including the visi therms. but just a word of advice ;)

great looking set up non the less!!

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Nice little tank. Welcome to the forum, there are great people here who have a wealth of knowledge

Bob

OP
OP
G

gritchie4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome to a great forum! one word of advice, get rid of the stealth pro. 2 people on my local forum have had problems with ones that are not even on the recall list. And the LFS basically told me there marineland rep basically said with out saying, that all marineland heaters have a problem including the visi therms. but just a word of advice ;)

great looking set up non the less!!
Thanks for the advice. I will look into another heater.

Very Nice little tank. Welcome to the forum, there are great people here who have a wealth of knowledge

Bob
Thank you.

actually he is from henderson "hooterville" so im still reppin for 2011....;) db don't want none.....

welcome to r2r...
Well technically i was born in vegas but currently live in henderson so I'm kinda repping both cities lol. But you can keep vegas and ill take henderson lol

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right on man yeah i just saw your name on the local forum this morning you new over there also????? this place is awesome bro and gets way more action than the local site so if you got questions feel free to ask in both places....;)

OP
OP
G

gritchie4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i posted some stuff i got from Dennis over at Aquatic Empire. How often do you guys do frag swaps on the local site? Also any recommendations for LFS? I already have been to Blue reef and Aquatic Empire.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude your in henderson.... BEYOND THE REEF!!!!! " gibson and 215" baddest store in vegas hands down..... the locals get together once a month and do swaps and have guest speakers etc....

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey George - Sweet little pico you got there...I have actually been tossing the idea around of starting a 6 gallon in my office. Any FTS?

OP
OP
G

gritchie4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey George - Sweet little pico you got there...I have actually been tossing the idea around of starting a 6 gallon in my office. Any FTS?
Thanks. I say do it although you probably couldn't get any work done lol. Here is a FTS
IMAG0478.jpg

Welcome. Nice little tank you got started.

Check out the JBJ thread we are getting going. The mods said if we can get ten interested in it they will make it a sticky. Here is the link
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/nano-reefs/56698-anyone-interested-starting-jbj-tank-owners.html
Please join in.
I'll head over there and join right now

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back