Yet another Winterpegerite from Manisnowbastan!

Sean the Nailer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey ya'll, and greetings. Those who can decode/translate the above title will actually know/be familiar with the locality and said inhabitants. Nothing more needs to be said, right?

We here have wanted to get into a Reef system for some years now, and have been working our way towards such, with planning and research. It is time for us to now start assembling the infrastructure, and gradually build said project.

We plan on going big, right off the hop. At the same time, we are going to move SLOWLY, and with gradual changes. It's a learning process, and we are definitely not wanting a 'turn-key' or 'overnight' system.

Intended tank will be 8'long, 2'wide, and 3'deep. We intend to have the filtration run through the floor to a shelf made directly below said tank, in the basement. Due to injuries, I cannot bend down to the floor, so moving down the stair and dealing with things at 'table height' is convenienter for me. Much so.

We are so looking forward to having a multitude of corals and sponges growing, with some wildlife/fish as well. One thing at a time. We're hoping that somebody has a tank that we're looking for 'laying around' before looking at having one 'custom made' for some exorbitant fee. We can't be the only ones, right?

There's a bazillion other statements to be made, each with a bazillion other questions regarding them, so let the games begin!!!!

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R;)

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Welcome to Reef2Reef @Sean the Nailer !*
DSCF8242_zps5797234_edit_1424182792330_zpsv82rzoa_edit_1426280392421.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back