Your favorite stand alone T-5 bulb

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the last four years I've been running 100% LED with great results. Recently I've changed out my tank and it is now set up as a peninsula so I have quite a bit of shadowing down both reef walls I'm hoping to get rid of with the broad spread of a florescent bulb. Those of you that love your LEDs and have supplemented with just a T-5 or two. Whats your favorite color of bulb?
IMG_7863.jpg

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies and the chart. I was thinking blue special but after seeing the chart blue plus does look like the way to go.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got rid of my full spectrum leds on my 90. Blue plus is a great stand alone t5, gives the water a blue haze, like it or not. I'm running a blue plus and a true actinic, and turn up my 12k leds to create the perfect balance. After about 4 years of messing with leds as my primary light source, I'm done.

jumplittlechloe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What led unit you are running? I ask because it will factor in to the overall look you are trying to achieve. I have 3 kessils above my 120g with two t5 bulbs on the outside. When I ran blue+ the tank looks washed out. When I ran blue+ with another bulb (actinic or coral+) I could see the split (half the tank different color). When I ran only actinic it looks good visually but not sure about how much good it did for corals. I have settled on running two coral+ and I run it for around 4-6hrs during my peak lighting. It looks ok during those times and it has just enough red in the bulb that helps to bring a balance to the kessils color spectrum.

OP
OP
trido

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four custom color Evergrows from my LFS along with two DIY stunner strips. I have great growth and color already but am hoping to get rid of some shadowing.

Back