Your fish with the most personality

E048

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brackish tank if that counts my scats like to have their sides rubbed and they like to rip the hairs off my arms and eat them idk if that counts too

Renee180

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a goldflake maroon with the same attitude problem. Watching her bully and shove her mate around would be funny had she not killed her previous mate. And my purple tang Wu is the puppy dog as well. Kudos!
The funny thing is, the maroon is not mean to the other fish, neither is the tang. I am lucky there!

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a toss up between my six line wrasse and my tail spot blenny! Both of them are so much fun to watch.

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping the thread instead of starting a new one that's similar;

I was shining a torch in my tank the other day looking in the small caves and holes during the day so not to spook to the fish, I have a large over hang section that's pretty dark underneath even with my lights on hence the torch, as I dome this my wrasse all started to swim over and hover around the overhang inspecting the area my light was shining on, I done it about 4 times to make sure it was not a coincidence. It was pretty cool to watch them do it.

My coral beauty follows me around my tank watching me what ever I'm doing, not sat near the top thinking I'm about to drop food in, but kind of like a curiosity way.

Lastly scooter Blenny loves to swim over to my hands when I'm adding new corals or moving frags, most likely to see if any pods get exposed but it's pretty cool that he's not scared of me.

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without a doubt my favorite is little Razor! I love his little white face and how he hops around investigating everything.
IMG_2506.JPG
Then it would probably be my clowns Salt&Pepper, every morning when the lights come on they make a lap around the tank, bobbing up and down in there weird clown way.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
None of my fish have a distinctly interesting personality, but the way they interact is very humorous.

My hippo tang picks on my starry blenny who picks on my foxface who picks on my hippo tang. My yellow tang polices the left side of the tank. My flame angel patrols the right side of the tank. The clowns just stay on the back wall of the tank laughing at everyone.
Just one big happy dysfunctional family.

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns don't do anything interesting except for photobombing at every opportunity they can have....they choose to host an empty snail shell rather than my BTA :)

Guy3103

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, tough call. I have four wrasses that eat from my hand (from inside my hand). But my favorite has to be my CBB. He follows me around like a puppy anytime I'm near the tank.

Video is a few months old. The Pintail and Flame wrasse are the other two pets but weren't in the tank then.

Hi there,

That's really nice how they feed off your hand! The only 2 fish that come that close to me when hand feeding are my Yellow and Desjardini Tangs. But none actually goes inside the hand like them wrasses of yours.

Does it have to do with feeding? I mean with them being really hungry?

At the beginning I was feeding my fish 1 cube of Artemia per day but that was 1.5 years ago and today I am feeding them 3 cubes of Artemia twice a day and I add some Nori in between. Their still excited when eating but I have a feeling that I might be over feeding.

Another question I had is about Wrasses, there are 2 of them in the video red/purple colored that are feeding off your hand. Can you please name them for me. And did you just randomly buy them or is it important to have both mails and females?

Guy3103

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and regarding my favorite it has to be my PowderBlue Tang. I bought him young so he just flies all over the place. Great fun to watch. Though my best friend must be the Desjardini.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Does it have to do with feeding? I mean with them being really hungry?

Another question I had is about Wrasses, there are 2 of them in the video red/purple colored that are feeding off your hand. Can you please name them for me. And did you just randomly buy them or is it important to have both mails and females?

No, they will do that if they have just eaten their fill, often even if I have no food. One came to me that tame, the other learned that while in QT. They are the two dominant wrasse in the tank also.

Those two are C. lyukyuensis and C. rubrimarginatus. (Yellow flanked and pink margin)

Guy3103

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@saltyhog Thanks for your reply. These are beautiful fish!

The only one's available here are:

C. cyanopleura (looks similar to the rubrimarginatus)
C. solorensis
C. flavidorsalis
C. paracheilinus cyaneus
C. paracheilinus carpenteri

Would you recommend any of the above or are all wrasses more or less the same? In behaviour and livelihood that is.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My solorensis was the greatest fish. He would come up to my hand when I worked in the tank. Always out, fun. When he was passing away of old age, I put my hand in the tank and he swam into it and laid still. Loved that fish. Have not gotten another though.

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fuzzy dwarf and my niger trigger have the most personality for me. The lion will spit water while I'm standing there. He would eat out of my hand if I let him. My porcupine puffer and trigger love to get their backs and bellies rubbed.

Guy3103

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My blueface. Worth the risk in my reef, can't beat a fish with the color and personality. Loves pellets, swims close to structure, always looking around with inquisitive eyes.
IMG_2789.JPG

Wow now that's a real beauty! Is that an Angel fish? Whats the risk with this one?

Roy 9121

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was drawn to saltwater for two reasons: the amazing colors and the fact that the fish have personality.

My tank is progressing and it seems like a good time to poll the community. This isn't another typical favorite fish thread. I want to know what fish that you have had featured the best, most fun personality? A description of what made it fun would be awesome.

My entry won't be too unique, but my orange Ocellaris Clown "Caitlyn" is the Lassie of my tank. Any time a coral has fallen, a crab is stuck, or another fish is up to no good, she gets my attention and points it out. She's a little tattle tail, but it's super cute...and helpful.

blgr9qA.jpg

My wife loves our Midas Blenny "Fatty". He just sits in his rock until food comes by and then he's like a fat kid on a cupcake. He gets waaaay too excited that food is around. It's quite funny. She named him well.

SbxvXFC.jpg

Please throw your experience my way.
Without a doubt it's my Onyx Clownfish. He attacks my magnifloat every time i clean the class, and always gets in between my two PJ cardinals when they start fighting.

20170109_101331.jpg

calreef18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow now that's a real beauty! Is that an Angel fish? Whats the risk with this one?

Yup blueface angel. Not very reef safe as a whole but depends on the fish. Mine stopped nipping zoas after a few weeks so pretty good now with almost everything.

laga77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ozzy the Cowfish. He knows when feeding time is and will go to his corner to wait to be fed out of the end of a turkey baster just like feeding a baby from a bottle.

cf.jpg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back