Your thoughts? Hyposalinity or Copper

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys.... need some insight. Right now I have my tank running fallow since Sunday 12/4. On Saturday I moved all my fish over to my 40 gallon IM QT tank. All is hooked up to my Apex and all needed equipment to run a QT is there. I also have Coppersafe and an API copper test kit on hand. Separate equipment is on hand so no cross contamination. I saw ich on my Achilles in my display and ordered everything I needed on Black Friday to run a proper QT tank setup for everything coming into my system. Unfortunately I lost my Achilles Friday before the move after 4 months. Right now all of my other fish are doing fine and don't really show and signs of parasites or sickness. That said they were in the same water as my Achilles so action needs to happen. Here is my list of fish...

Red Sea Regal
Bella Japanese Goby
Maroon Clown
Orange Shoulder Tang
Orange Line Tang... could be but looks more like a hybrid of some sort.
Six line Wrasse
Springer Damsel

All are eating well and not hiding during feeding. I'll put pics of my DT and QT as reference. Any thoughts questions or help is greatly appreciated.

IMG_1742.JPG

IMG_1744.JPG

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those should all be find in copper. I would recommend that if this is your first time with QT. It's easier to maintain for the full month needed.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^ Agree.

What kind of bio-filter do you have running on the QT? Tangs are pooping machines, so ammonia is going to be an issue.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper is usually the way to go but I've had zero luck with it. I've used both coppersafe and cupramine with constant testing of both. I'm batting 1.000 with hypo when it comes to ich though.

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copper is usually the way to go but I've had zero luck with it. I've used both coppersafe and cupramine with constant testing of both. I'm batting 1.000 with hypo when it comes to ich though.

I had good success with hypo and for me was easy.

Now though I'm currently using copper in my QT, so far fish are doing great.

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those should all be find in copper. I would recommend that if this is your first time with QT. It's easier to maintain for the full month needed.

Thank you for the guidance. Truly respect your help. That's the way I'm going to go.

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^ Agree.

What kind of bio-filter do you have running on the QT? Tangs are pooping machines, so ammonia is going to be an issue.

Thank you for you guidance and help. As for biofilter I had 2 mess socks soaking in my sump for weeks prior. Glad I did. That said waters I know are going to be a must so I will match the copper level of the QT to my new water.

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you for you reply. Seeing everyone's thoughts copper is the way I'm going to go... much appreciated.

OP
OP
XocyrusX

XocyrusX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had good success with hypo and for me was easy.

Now though I'm currently using copper in my QT, so far fish are doing great.

Thank you for the positive response. I will use copper and report back.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back