Your top 3 best fish (Nice, peaceful and reef safe)

TRPlacek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Desjardini tang- always doing flips and barrel rolls while trying to swim into the power head. Definitely my favorite!
20161212_152512.jpg

Bartlett anthias or any anthias really
20161006_180420.jpg

Flasher wrasse
2015-12-06 13.30.59.jpg

Nolan Shinn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Potter's wrasse is still alive and well. I believe it was Paul87 who lost his. Once mine started eating in QT it has been very hardy. It's probably the most aggressive eater in the tank. They are tough to get eating and acclimated but once they do I think they are pretty easy to keep.

Mine in QT
Potters%20wrasse2%201%20of%201_zpsos2l1qg0.jpg
Any tips for enticing them to start eating? Do you do like a live pod and frozen mysis mix to trick em into eating frozen?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tips for enticing them to start eating? Do you do like a live pod and frozen mysis mix to trick em into eating frozen?

Mine wasn't too hard. I started with mysis and LRS but when he ignored those I tried some frozen blood worms. I think this more closely mimics the appearance of what they eat in nature. He very quickly started eating those. Once he associated me with food he eats anything I put in the tank....even nori if I mix it in like it is in LRS.

If you can find them live black worms seem to be the very best but since I didn't have local access to them I tried the blood worms and it worked.

innerspark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man I wish I had a photo of mine on my phone. I use to have a clown tang in my 75. Not only a beautiful fish but high energy and what a personality. I use to hand feed him nori and he would come and sit in my hand and let me pet him. Biggest bully in the tank though.

Bryce Peterson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorites so far are pretty common: leopard wrasse, starry blenny and blue throat trigger. Sorry, no pics on this phone. My all-time favorite critter was a prawn my lfs got from a farm that was shutting down. Unfortunately, they only live a short time. I'd get another in a heartbeat if I could find one.

OP
OP
wesamazmy

wesamazmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorites so far are pretty common: leopard wrasse, starry blenny and blue throat trigger. Sorry, no pics on this phone. My all-time favorite critter was a prawn my lfs got from a farm that was shutting down. Unfortunately, they only live a short time. I'd get another in a heartbeat if I could find one.
Will be waiting your photos, submit once ready :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back