Zeovit and cyano

DannyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have been running the zeovit system for about 3 months now and everything is doing great except I can't manage to kick some cyano.

It is only growing in a few spots, around a few frag plugs, on a rock i got with an anemone, and the sand bed. None of these items are new, most recently added would have been frags and this was 5-6 months ago.

Once i started the zeovit system, all nuisance algae and cyano went away and then my child fed the fish, way too much, and it had been lingering ever since.

Has anyone had this problem or have any suggestions?

PO4 0
NO3 0
Both on Salifert.

Latino277

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this problem for a few weeks. started to dose biomate and coral snow. went are in a few days.

I also saw in you other thread that you are dosing zeofood and spongpower. I think your only supposed to dose either or but not both.

OP
OP
DannyB

DannyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had it before. It initially went away with zeovit but then came back after my son put a handful of pellets in DT

zzzdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW zeo came out with a cyano fighting additive, may be something to look into. I left the zeo system before it came out so I haven't used it but I feel our pain I was fighting it every couple months during my zeo year

ReefMadScientist

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped Zeovit additives because it was fueling my cyano and GHA growth like crazy. Wasn't worth it in my opinion. I still have great coloration with normal SPS water params.

OP
OP
DannyB

DannyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just keep at the zeovit and hope that it reduces the new nutrients enough to out-compete the cyano.

I had never read that the ZEOfood and Sponge Power were interchangeable and shouldn't be dosed together. I will back off the ZEOfood and continue everything else and see if that makes a any difference. If this doesn't work I may try the coral snow/cyanoclean approach but I hope it won't come to that.

Thanks for taking the time to respond everyone

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back