ZeoVit System

rbraunberger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I was thinking about using Zeo on my new setup, but do not really know much about it. I also have been looking at the AvastMarine Zeo reactor that has an automatic agitator. Anyone use this or have any recommendations? Thanks!

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am actually a few weeks from converting my 120 to a zeovit tank. It's going to be a process, for sure.

With zeovit, you have to put the stones in a reactor, agitate them once per day. You have to dose Xml or X drops of Zeofood, ZeoStart and ZeoBak daily for 2 weeks, then if I recall, only the zeobak gets dosed daily and the others are 2-3 times per week until you change out the stones (every 6-8 weeks).

In my reading, it seems that you can dose the basic stuff for 3-6 months and once you achieve the ultra low nutrients, move to the sponge power or amino acids dosing.

I do know you would take your GFO offline and the refugium would get removed. I looked into prodibio, but would cost me $90 per month, whereas I think the zeo supps are good for 3 months.

Having said all that, I want to have an SPS dominant tank, nothing hardcore, some easy, colorful SPS corals, and what I'm doing isn't working (which isn't to suggest that I actually know what I'm doing). Eventually I know that I'll have to dose alk, calcium and magnesium, which something I'll tackle down the road, as the zeovit system will have the minimum parameters.

As for salt mix, most will recommend Reefers Best, but at $99 per 160 gallons, I'm leaning toward the Red Sea Blue bucket, which has lower levels, closer to NSW, but i have a feeling the salt use for zeo is up for debate.

Patrick Cox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all,

I was thinking about using Zeo on my new setup, but do not really know much about it. I also have been looking at the AvastMarine Zeo reactor that has an automatic agitator. Anyone use this or have any recommendations? Thanks!

Hi,
I just started a Zeovit tank and I have this reactor and like it a lot. It is the "Vibe." One word of caution, if you go the "You Build It" route, make sure you discuss the build process with them. I did not use enough solvent and had to send my chamber back to Avast Marine so they could fix it. It was leaking. But it works well now.

Good luck.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back