Zeovit System

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been thinking for a while in investing an a complete Zeovit system. The reactors, all the media, coral food, amino's Bacteria,trace elements ect. The compeny states it takes 3-11 months to see a difference. This is a huge out take and very costly so before I take the plung I was woundering what you think about it and if you have experience with the system

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont have experience but I was considering it as well. All the tanks I have seen running them seem to do very well. Maybe someone with experience can chime in and straighten us out.

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont use a reactor at all, just the additives and I swear by them now. My color now is better than its ever been and it really allows you to tweek your colors. For example i had a pink birds nest and starts using food7 and now its growing green tips. I had a dark purple acro started using pohl vitalizer and it lightened up with brigh purple tips and a baby blue body. The only reason I dont have a reactor is because I have very limited space in my stand. I have a 54 gallon corner with a 10 gallon sump/fuge and my super skimmer 220 so there is no room for a reactor in my sump and I have yet to find one that I could operate externally. Ive also read that the reactor is not compatable with a refugium, so i just go with the additives and a mud filter/chaeto and it works out great for me.

_sludgefactory

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently do food7, pohl vitalizer, sponge power, and the iodide one with potassium or jod complex which is the other iodide sup. All of those are once per day, for my tank like 2 drops, but I've changed doses a bit here and there to adjust coloration. I still go with good old Kent trace once a week for trace elements.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend doing a LOT of reading on the Zeovit forum. The guys are very knowledgeable there and you can work out your routine with others that have great knowledge of the system. It is very tempting for sure when you see a full zeo system that is healthy and thriving. If done incorrectly, you can also lose corals during the transition. So just do your homework and you should be fine. It requires daily dosing so if you travel a lot for work or aren't at home everyday, it may be something to reconsider. I have not tried it personally but have thought about it many times and have done a lot of research on it. It can be a great system to run if done correctly. But it is much more time consuming as far as a ULNS goes.

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have been running it for 2 years now, and have never had such great success with SPS. Growth and color are like nothing I have ever achieved. It is something that you do have to stay on top of and not be lazy with. The reactor and the rocks are critical in getting complete success. I dose, the bac, start, pohl xtra, sponge power, and coral vitalizer. I also dose potassium and AA, from another manufacturer. Here are some pics of what your SPS will look like:
6007557356_1bb30a66fa_z.jpg

6007015287_6f26fd493a_z.jpg

6007014339_c15891e3f3_z.jpg

6007160567_6d6d7c76ea_z.jpg

OP
OP
Salty Dog

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craig, Yes thats wjat is was thinking,being very time consuming too. We do go away a lot but I do have a kid(17) that takes care of my tank. He is like a mini scientist so If I explain it it wouldnt be an issue with him. the other thing I was woudering is how my tank could benifit becuse its never looks so good. The other thing is maybe it will just bring out even more color and growth to the corals. Well prior to commiting to this I would do some serious research prior to the purchase

OP
OP
Salty Dog

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey dnov wow yeah its working for you for sure, maybe I can come by for a little lesson and some tips?

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey dnov wow yeah its working for you for sure, maybe I can come by for a little lesson and some tips?

Absolutely bud, there are a lot of things to consider, too many to type. Some of ur boys from the growout were here this past weekend...

kuyatwo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started dosing food7 and pohls extra. Yesterday I noticed more polyp extension on hoeki.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Salty Dog

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely bud, there are a lot of things to consider, too many to type. Some of ur boys from the growout were here this past weekend...

well when we pick up the rising sun Im coming , thanks I heard a lot about you.

rkaires

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do your research and check out the Zeo site as well. The system does work well but requires patience. Nothing good happens fast in this hobby.

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I toyed around with the idea for quite a while and now I'm wishing I had started sooner! I love the results in my system. The initial nutrient breakdown phase, or transition to ULNS was frustrating at times, but worth it in the long run. I experienced some green and red slime during that process...nothing too overboard but frustrating nonetheless.

For the past several months I've been at the ULNS levels and dosing zeobak, pohls vitalizer, sponge power, start3, AA, and some b balance. I've never been happier with the colors and frags base out quicker too. My PE is unreal. The only thing I'm hoping to achieve is better overall growth. My frags and colonies base out but don't bush out very well yet.

As suggested earlier, make a visit to the zeo forums and do some research. When you start the system also start a thread over there and the guys will walk you through it. Follow their directions and be patient, very patient, and you will be happy :)

Mavjoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've only been using the food additives for almost 3 months now, Nano pack(CV,SP,AA and PE), so far so good. I dose 1 drop of each every other day. I also added Biomate(1 drop, every other day) to control mulm and to control phosphates. Like others said, visit the Zeo forums for more info. Good luck!

eland

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do your research and check out the Zeo site as well. The system does work well but requires patience. Nothing good happens fast in this hobby.
I tried it on my 320 for about 6 months and lost alot of coral. I think my biggest problem was a huge biolaod. I am in tyhe process of setting up another 240G to take all of my big fish. Right now I am dosing vodka, running carbon and GFO. I am keeping all of the Zeovit products because I want to try it again but for now I am going back to what I know works.

OP
OP
Salty Dog

Salty Dog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put the order in with Premium, When it all come in Im sure it will take me another 3 weeks before starting. I double up on all my research first, But this is a great system if used properly

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back