ZEOvit tanks - lets see them!

Pandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

Let's see if we can get a thread full of good looking, inspiring ZEOvit tanks, and help out with any queries and questions on the system - who's in?

I'll start with my very young, very empty system of which I have a whole lot of hope for - especially when my new ATI Powermodule turns up.

FTS 17-12-16 by Andy, on Flickr

Your turn...

reeftilldie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2654.JPG

I've been running Zeo system from the beginning in Sep-2016. Following along

brobs7896

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is going through some uglies right now, 4 months old

OP
OP
Pandy

Pandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following alone. Had to stop mine till I have more time.

What part of it were you struggling with time wise?

I enjoy the dosing part, but struggle with the regular tasks associated with any reef tank like water changes etc - trying to make my tasks more efficient so they aren't so labourious every time.

OP
OP
Pandy

Pandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is going through some uglies right now, 4 months old

I know them feels - I've got constant glass algae which is doing my head in. Everything checks out parameter wise, and I'm dosing what I should be in accordance to the ZEOvit guide, I'm putting it down to the lights so will see what happens when the T5s turn up

OP
OP
Pandy

Pandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tanks folks - I'm with most of you being that I've only had this incarnation of my tank running since November with ZEOvit I think. I was running it before but was using Reef bones and the algae was horrendous - it's been an absolute breeze since I restarted with Real Reef.

cb684

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my tank as a full Zeovit and did that for about 11 months. After that, I decided to remove the reactors, add socks, and make my water changes automatic. I do continuous water changes, 8 mL per minute, that is about 10% per week. I still keep my dosing schedule. The tank is about 2 years old now.

marvelousone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started everything was fine. 3 months in brown slimy algae appeared. Working long hours I could not keep up with the cleaning. I lost all of my sps and lps corals. I took it off zeovit and still dealing with it. I am about to tear it down. I want to start over but I may not. It is better now than before but still I hate it. I think it is dino's.

Smo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my new tank in September. Went thru the brown slime algae too. But in the last couple weeks it has cleared up. Not sure if it is just a function of the tank maturing, slight reduction in Zeovit dosing or the fact the tank has been running fallow since Christmas.
Had an Ich outbreak. Learned my lesson. I will quarantine everything wet from now on.
Have experienced some terrific growth on the 20+ coral frags added so far. Mostly softies, some birdnests and monitpora. I am sold on Zeovit so far.

Mike220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started everything was fine. 3 months in brown slimy algae appeared. Working long hours I could not keep up with the cleaning. I lost all of my sps and lps corals. I took it off zeovit and still dealing with it. I am about to tear it down. I want to start over but I may not. It is better now than before but still I hate it. I think it is dino's.
Yes, zeovit killed my sps too.

OP
OP
Pandy

Pandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sucks fellas.

When I first set the tank up on Zero with reef bones and live sand I had horrendous algae and constant cyano from the conflicting bacteria strains, but since I rebooted the tank with Real Reef rock and dry sand I've had very little in the way of algae outbreaks - maybe a light dusting of diatoms, and my continuous glass algae but nothing of note on the rocks. I can only put that down to the RR being really clean compared to the Reef bones.

My colours aren't the best yet, but I'm hoping that will improve when the T5s are installed (have been told around two weeks for delivery)

Blue Millepora Top Down 35mm 18-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

Pink Millepora Top Down 35mm 18-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

Red Planet Top Down 105mm 18-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

Green Millepora Top Down 35mm 18-1-17 by Andy, on Flickr

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took a few minutes to hunt down all of the right pictures. I started my tank back at the beginning of September, and we are quickly approaching six months using the ZeoVit system. I'm pretty happy with the tanks direction and havent experienced any real set backs as of yet. Hopefully I can get these all in chronological order.

Day 3
1525start.jpeg

Sump
16sump.jpeg

2 weeks
2weeks.JPG

Day 17
3day17.JPG

1 month
41month.JPG

6 weeks
56weeks.jpeg

2 months
62months.JPG

3 months
73months.JPG

4 months
84months.JPG

5 months
95months.JPG

6 months
91IMG_1314.JPG

ZeoVit Dosing Schedule recorded on Apex
apexzeorecord.PNG

ORA Birdsnest Day 7ish
bnew.jpeg

ORA Birdsnest 1 month
bn1month.jpeg

ORA Birdsnest 3 months
bn3months.JPG

ORA Birdsnest 4 months
bn4months.JPG

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great thread! Following for more eye candy. :D

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 33 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back