Zeovit use

DaleMHauzeJr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been concise ring going to a Zeovit system and was looking for the pros and cons. I plan on doing this because I am changing my sump and will be getting rid of my refuge. From what I have seen the system works. Anyone with some first hand advice. Thanks.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It works great you just need to follow the guides. The Zeovit forum is great at answering questions. It is a technical approach to reef keeping. Is follow by many reef keepers around the world. Many of the tanks that make your eyes pop out of your head are Zeovit tanks.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It works great you just need to follow the guides. The Zeovit forum is great at answering questions. It is a technical approach to reef keeping. Is follow by many reef keepers around the world. Many of the tanks that make your eyes pop out of your head are Zeovit tanks.

OP
OP
DaleMHauzeJr

DaleMHauzeJr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes marvelousone my tank had been running for 4 years. Im looking at a way to rid my tank of nutrients when i remove the sump refuge from my system. My wife didnt like the idea of an external refuge b

marvelousone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to Kz website http://www.korallen-zucht.de/en/home/ and use the guide. Go exactly by it also join Zeovit.com forum. Just go to register and get started reading. There is a certain way to convert over to zeovit. Good luck and post updates. I just started my tank 3 months ago. It is definitely a learning curve.

Kurkis493

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to be careful if you are going from a 4 year old reef into Zeovit.

If you are not careful, you can cause alot of damage very quickly.

I was a biopellet user for awhile and when I set-up my 120 about a year and half ago I switched to Zeovit on a fresh cycle. It does as advertised for nutrient control, but I struggle at obtaining the bright pastel colors that I see from alot of other tanks that run Zeovit. I've got a few buddies in the area who have run Zeovit and while they had good growth, good coloration and polyp extension none of them were ever able to obtain those kind of easter egg colors either.

These are some of my corals under my 1.5 year old Zeovit system. I use T5s and Reefbrites: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/canon-t3i-photography-under-actinic-reef-brites.229885/

I cannot express how helpful the forum can be when you start the system up. You can get alot of your initial questions answered and troubleshoot problems you may have getting the system going. I feel however that after that, the forum becomes very, very obsolete. While dosing the "basic 4" and adding things like sponge power is pretty standard when you start the system... The high end Zeovit users who have the tanks that make you say, "I want that!" do not copy eachother at all. Aside from standard nutrient dosing when it comes to color enhancement almost everyone I have ever spoken with doses different amounts, different products. Nobody follows the directions on these bottles. Once you hit ULNS, the tank is stable and you start dosing for color I very much feel you start to become on your own. Most of the help I have received on the more advanced topics for Zeovit have been from hobbyists who are on other forums.

I tried to be a copycat Zeovit reefer for the first year of my system. On a couple different occassions I hunted down some of the, "Holy moly, wow!" tank owners and grilled them about what they dose, when and why. I copied their dosing regiment eager to see similiar results. I never did. Tank was healthy, great PE but I never achieved the colors that made me want to start Zeovit in the first place.

Every tank is different and the dosing instructions on the bottles become very, very loose guidelines. You have to grow to know and understand your system and create a dosing regiment based on what your tanks needs. I've been doing this for several months now and my tank is starting to go where I want it too.

So with that, you really need to want to go all-in if you choose Zeovit and want to really reap the benefits from it.

Aquaforest, while I have no personal experience with their methods, seems to be a more straight forward, easier version of Zeovit from the documentation I have read.

I would go as far as to say you can save the most money and time by simply running bio-pellets / gfo and using Redsea products for coloration and have just as nice of a tank. There are plenty of people who also use bio-pellets and run a very high bioload and don't even dose the tank at all.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back