OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is really weird Zibba! I swear I subscribed to your thread for long time and recently looking for an update, Oh well back on board now

Glad to have you back! :)

Beautiful!

Thanks, rev!

Good to see an update from you .
Pic's Are A+1 .
Didn't rehash the thread but do you still have the pink floyd ? I can't keep up with all the names.

Thanks for the compliments! :)

I lost the pink floyd in July/August 2013 but I just got a frag of it this last weekend from @evolved.

I've had the led zeppelin growing for awhile but it's been a super slow grower for me. I moved it into the main display a few months back and it's growing at a better clip now.

Such beauty! Amazing setup... Keep the updates coming!!

Thanks you!! There's more to update but I've been busy dealing with a very sick Lineatus wrasse.

For anyone interested, take a look over here to see what's been happening: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/wrasse-swimbladder-issue.202289/page-2

Wish us luck with the lineatus. :)

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two fish pictures from tonight:

Couldn't get the male to throw up his antenna for me, but I thought this one showed off his colors pretty well.

Male Lyretail Anthias
by E Z, on Flickr

The Desjardini is growing up and getting some amazing markings:

Desjardini Sailfin Tang
by E Z, on Flickr

Have a great night everyone!

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost the pink floyd in July/August 2013 but I just got a frag of it this last weekend from @evolved.

I've had the led zeppelin growing for awhile but it's been a super slow grower for me. I moved it into the main display a few months back and it's growing at a better clip now.
Traded some 'nubs to put the LZ and PF together in both tanks, like they're supposed to be! :D

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few new fish pictures:

Borb is settling into place after being picked on a little for the first 24-hrs.

Still haven't gotten a good picture of this guy in full nuptial coloration. I'll keep trying though!

This guy is growing up and his yellow-belly is starting to shine. Fun fish to watch cruise around the reef.

fxfhj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two fish pictures from tonight:

Couldn't get the male to throw up his antenna for me, but I thought this one showed off his colors pretty well.

Male Lyretail Anthias
by E Z, on Flickr

The Desjardini is growing up and getting some amazing markings:

Desjardini Sailfin Tang
by E Z, on Flickr

Have a great night everyone!

Pictures are very beautiful, I have two Hydra 52, but every time the camera, photos are large purple, does your camera parameters and the camera AI lamp data is how much?

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man you have some of the nicest fish I've seen! Where do u get them? And do u quarintine?

Thanks!

I've sourced the fish from many different places: local stores, MACNA vendors, liveaquaria, blue zoo, local guys getting out of the hobby. I've had my fair share of losses along the way but I'm very happy with the collection we have right now.

Yes, I do have a quarantine set up. It's a split 40-gallon tank with a sump. It's pretty bare bones (PVC, hang on back Aquaclear sponge filter, LED light and a screen top) except I added UV sterilizer because I won it in a local raffle. The only thing I don't treat for is ich because it's already in my main display and I'm not motivated enough, nor do I have the room to QT my current livestock. If I ever suffer a major die off and there are only a few fish left in the main display, I'll do my best to catch them and rid the tank of ich. Until then, I try to treat for everything else so that the fish are added with the best chance of survival.

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally...FINALLY starting to build out the tank's stand this weekend. Here are some tank sketch up drawings that my friend put together. Fairly straight forward, but trying to replicate d2mini's design except some trim on the doors for a little more texture:

post-56897-1331356966.jpeg
post-56897-1331356952.jpeg

Here's the concept design -- except the corners will be mitered.
Zibba Stand Trim.jpg
Zibba Stand No Doors.jpg
Zibba Stand Final.jpg

Acrononomus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! I'm finishing up my stand this weekend as well! Just makes it feel a little better.... Looks great can't wait to see it!

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great fish pics - your Borb is a little cutie! And the new stand is going to be SWEET!

gcfiend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I read every post :) Missed out in real time on an incredible build. Beautiful tank and even more incredible collection. Can't wait to see your next build (Nice workmanship on that stand!). Officially stalking you via this thread.

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! I read every post :) Missed out in real time on an incredible build. Beautiful tank and even more incredible collection. Can't wait to see your next build (Nice workmanship on that stand!). Officially stalking you via this thread.

Wish I could take credit for the above pictured stand but that was from another member. I just posted it as an example of what I'm going for. The stand is still being stained and we're planning to get it all put together in two weekends.

The tank is still plugging along. Some good, some bad. I'm overdue for a proper update but I decided to take some pictures today and I wanted to share them.

I'll try to get an updated tank once the sunsets here (bad reflections mid-day).

This heliofungis a monster -- about 12-14" across:
Monster Heliofungia by E Z, on Flickr

TCK Pikachu by E Z, on Flickr

ASD Mille by E Z, on Flickr

WWC *** by E Z, on Flickr

Mari Bonzi by E Z, on Flickr

Steroid Sunset Monti by E Z, on Flickr

PROP Chalice by E Z, on Flickr

RR Asia Orange Passion by E Z, on Flickr

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As promised, here's an updated FTS. Things are a bit of a mess as I'm housing some corals for a friend on the little frag island on the lower right-hand sand bed and I just added a small rock from the sump under the setosa for some low-light corals.

9.13.15 FTS by E Z, on Flickr

DSC_1714 by E Z, on Flickr

One more of the heliofungia -- I obviously prefer it under the blue LEDs but it adds great movement to the tank.
DSC_1714 by E Z, on Flickr

Back