OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The reef has become much more LPS/softy dominated. Here's a Thursday night photo-update:

One of my favorite lobos that has had it's ups and down -- currently "up" :)

RR Falling Horizon Lepto & Unique Corals Fascination Favia (the favia just gets better and better in person as the whites ramp down and the blues activate the fluorescence)

Jason Fox Sidewinder Favia

Picked up my first ever Wilsoni a few weeks ago at Desert FRAG Fest, courtesy of Club Reef:

Also picked up my second ever Wilsoni a few weeks ago a Desert FRAG Fest, courtesy of Reef Raft :)

Jason Fox Hellboy Chalice -- this one is due for fragging soon but it's hard to cut it up since it's so perfect:

Jason Fox Split Decision Chalice -- pure bliss:

Drawing a blank on the name of this chalice but I like it nonetheless:

I love mushrooms, this one is particularly phenomenal in my opinion:

I've randomly lost some trachys and I can't figure out why but this one seems to be thriving and it just gets better and better:

Oh, and I now have anemones in my tank -- it's a long story and will have to wait for another time:

Not mad about it ;)

Have a great night all!

urbaneks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great update Eric. All of the photos are top notch. Were they through the glass or with a top down porthole?

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@urbaneks, thanks! All with the top down porthole this time.

I still want to get a suction cup mount so I don't have to shoot these by hand -- I can get sharp images down to about 1/40sec but I'm a little limited with light/ISO so I lose my depth of field.

My alk & calcium are running a bit high right now and the LPS are loving it: Alk @ 10dKh, Cal @ 480. If calcium was a little lower, I probably wouldn't touch anything but I'd like to try 9.5/430ish for awhile. The few pieces of SPS that are left are super happy...crazy how much better polyp extension is without flat worms!! lol

Not my best work here but a good example of the polyp extension on the Oregon Blue Tort:

ScottMyers123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took the time to read through your whole thread. The tank and stand are amazing. I am sorry about the AEFW, but from what I can tell you will bounce back in no time. The fish diversity you have in the tank is quite amazing. Good luck getting your SPS back on track.

OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ScottMyers123, really appreciate you taking time to run through the entire thread! The AEFWs were a major set back but, barring any catastrophes, the plan is for this tank to be up for a long while so there time to get it back!

The fish certainly kept me interested during the AEFW incident. I've had a lot of ups and down with the fish stocking too. I haven't posted it in this thread but I got in a pair of Zebra Swallowtail Angelfish that had been on my list for a very long time. Both the male and female came in with some sort of infection and I did everything I could to save them in QT but lost the battle. Never figured out what the infections were even after working with Humblefish and trying to work with the vendor.

It seems that for every fish I have, I've killed one or two. I try to chalk it up to "part of the hobby" but that doesn't always make it easier when I lose a fish in QT.

The plan is to get the frag tank/coral QT up and running again in June and then the tank will start being stocked with more corals. Right now, we're focusing on our wedding, which is less than a month away.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great picture update of your corals! So sorry to hear about the AEFW, but glad to see things have settled down.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes update please!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Still waiting! :p

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not zibba of course, but I'm pretty sure you'll be waiting at least a month before he'll have the time needed. ;)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
zibba

zibba

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I've been missing in action! It's been a crazy summer -- we got married, work has picked up and life is just getting in the way of me sharing my tank. I'm out for the next few weekends but I'll do my best to give an update with some new pictures before the end of the month.

Thanks for the well wishes! The tanks seem to be slowly coming back. Have my first batch of SPS going through QT now. Trying to get back into the SPS game again. Fish are doing well! Lots to update on.

Cheers, Z

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No problem and congrats on the marriage!!

Coral Frenzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a great build. It took a while but we'll worth it.
Congrats on your wedding! May you have a lifetime of happiness!

Jesse MG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like your upgrade has come a very long way
Congrats
Following

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back