Zoa dip question

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so yesterday I picked up a frag of gorilla nipples and a frag of radioactive dragon eyes...I dipped both using coral rx and put them into the tank. I need to replace one plug and need to glue one into a small rock. Since I will have them out Can I dip them again today or should I wait a few days or do I need to dip again at all? I don't want to keep messing with them.

Last edited:

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't do another dip. They need time to recover. Are you dipping for something in particular you see?

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the first time I dipped I got a bunch of tiny wiggling things off of it. Just trying to be more safe than sorry. I have to change the plugs and was gonna dip again in case anything may have snuck through

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anything I would do an iodine dip. Coral Rx and be a little tough and zoas are know to get bacterial infections or other issues, a little iodine wouldn't hurt and would help them heal in my opinion.

smoke

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always just used plain RODI water and have had good results.

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'll just glue them to small pieces of live rock so I can move them to get them to their happy place and hope for no nudes or spiders.

OP
OP
Ksturg

Ksturg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are my very first corals so I'm a little nervous about doing something wrong and killing them. They are awesome looking and hope they thrive and spread quickly

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back