Zoa dip

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I am a new reefer and just got my first zoa's in the other day. So being that I am new to this I just put them in the tank with out doing a dips or inspection. After 1 to 2 days I noticed only half of my zoa's were open and on other ones 1 polyp out of 3 would be open. Found that strange so started to some research on why, and pests came up. So I went out and got some Bayer insect killer to dip them in. And after dipping one Zoa this is what came out of it. I hope now they will open up fully. But I definitely learned my lesson to dip dip dip first before they go in the tank. I got them online from a big dealer.

image.jpeg

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep lots of stuff will come off the zoa's.
most of it is all good but in order to get the bad stuff the good stuff suffers as well.
You want only things in your glass box what you put in there.

OP
OP
Reef man 89

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep lots of stuff will come off the zoa's.
most of it is all good but in order to get the bad stuff the good stuff suffers as well.
You want only things in your glass box what you put in there.
Definitely I hope now they will all open up fully my plan is to wait 2-3 days then dip again if need be I don't want to put to much stress on them

tankstudy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoa's and paly's seem to come with a ton of pests. They are under the mats, in the polyps, on the polys and around the polyps.

Nuke them hard because if you let one guy thru, it can spell doom for your entire collection/reefing experience.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bayer is very harsh on zoas. Make sure you rinse before putting in the tank and there's other dips less harmful like seachem dip, coral rx or me washoff. I use seachem for dipping and for fragging

OP
OP
Reef man 89

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bayer is very harsh on zoas. Make sure you rinse before putting in the tank and there's other dips less harmful like seachem dip, coral rx or me washoff. I use seachem for dipping and for fragging
Is the name of that seachem reef dip. I went to my lfs yesterday and got a bottle of that as well and the guy told me that reef dip will not kill and bugs on coral it only for infectious.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back