OP
E

ehsheridan110

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone! I have done three dips in a row so now I am going to let them be and see what happens.

Bbaz123456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not touch the ones on the rock. They look fine and no need to stress them more. The others appear to have been a horrible frag job and unfortunately will not likely survive. But I would suggest leaving them be and not stressing anymore.

mookinpie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That brown stuff is brown jelly it's a disease, once it starts it's hard to stop it, this brown disease can wipe out many corals if it's not removed right away, it's like cancer everything it touches it will kill.. I know if seen this stuff wipe out lots of coral. What I seen to work is get a hose a suck up all the brown jelly you can find whatever coral has been pledged by it there most likely goners this stuff is no joke one of the scariest things I've seen to wipe out coral

Rudy16189

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to get Chloramphenicol. Its save most of my Lps and zoa either from brown jelly and zoa pox disease .

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the utter chaos are concerned. IME, theyre hard to frag and survive. Also ANY zoa/paly is going to have a hard time coming back from being a single polyp frag.
I see this all the time when I cant avoid single polyp frags-the brown stuff. Yes, they will die if not looked after. Its a 50-50 shot unfortunately. I try to increase flow but its touch and go until they start growing a mat.
Good luck.

ahiggins

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fresh water dip get a manderian goby pipefish sea horse to control the pods
OH! Yes! although I like wrasses better.
pods WILL take out polyps like this. They will eat them, so if you want to save them, keep the brown stuff off of them. (aka more flow)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back