Zoa's Unhappy or Dying?

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see by the pictures, some of the zoa's are happy and some are not. Looks like they are dying. To the left for the first picture. Second picture the parts dying appear to be interspersed. I've had them for a few weeks; they have been slowly getting worse.

I don't target feed. I feed a variety consisting of Oyster-Feast, Roti-Feast and frozen Calanus.

I have Kessil A360W Tuna Blue lights, four on a 6'' 180g tank. Using an Apogee SQ-520 par meter the par on the sand bet in these two parts is 55. Is that two low?

GOPR0056_1484523412788_high.JPG

GOPR0057_1484523412788_high.JPG

wattson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more flow ,,scotty ,,,more flow...veitnam zoos like brighter light ,,put them mid tank in height and possibly go higher in time..all my veitnam zoos are up on top of the rock work...dont be overly concerned to feed them,,they will get most of what they need from nutrients in the water and light,,and more flow of course.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
55 is pretty low. You should aim for closer to 100/
that.
more flow ,,scotty ,,,more flow...veitnam zoos like brighter light ,,put them mid tank in height and possibly go higher in time..all my veitnam zoos are up on top of the rock work...dont be overly concerned to feed them,,they will get most of what they need from nutrients in the water and light,,and more flow of course.
and that.

pers I like more light in general.

OP
OP
BigHildy53

BigHildy53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I'll move them higher. I have two Gyre XF150's and two Tunze 6105, so I think flow is good.

My Kessil's are only 7.25 inches off the water. Are they the correct lights for corals? Should I move them closer? Or suppliment with T5 or intermix other LED lights such as the Radion XR30w G4 Pro. Or just add two more Kessil's for better overlapping coverage. It's a rimmed tank by the way; really regret that but can't change.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like rimmed tanks. both mine are.
Your lights are perfect for coral.

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know how to read Apex charts but I suggest you try bumping the color to include more whites. Somewhere around 50% color should help.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back