Zoo Med AquaSun T5 Question

sharkbait7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am looking into getting a light for my 46 gallon bow front and I saw that the AquaSun 36" is priced fairly reasonable with good reviews. Is this like ok to just sit on the top of the tank with no canopy and will the fish jump out??? Thanks again for the help.

robert

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make a rectangular screen for the top - as in the link below.

DIY screen top for aquariums - YouTube

I would then cut out the curve section for the bow front out of some suitable plastic/acrylic. You'll probably have to glue the edge of the curved plastic you cut to the screen frame to keep it from sagging. You want something to keep the jumpers home!

The light appears fine although I don't personally know the brand. I would tend to lean to 3 or four bulbs. As much for spectrum flexibility as for light output.

Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting - or Odyssea T5 Aquarium Lighting They're pretty inexpensive and you'll want to replace the bulbs that come with them. If you going to spend - spend on some nice bulbs. You can do that after you've run them for a while or before.

Odyssea has a bad rep with some and I'm probably going to catch some crap for recommending them, but I've never had an issue with their lights or pumps for that matter.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back