zoo watts

glacierdiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's not one thing it is another. The ballasts are going out on my light, light is 10-12 years old, 1 fan needs replaced etc. Running a current nova extreme T5 54x8 lamp in a 55 gallon reef. Having a problem finding the replacement ballasts which will add up to about the same amount as getting a new light, but this same light is backordered for more than a month. Daylights are still working but I have no actinics. I love zoos, they are my favorite. If I bought a 6x54 system that would give me 324 total watts or almost 5.9 watts/gallon is this adequate for most all zoo's. Maybe I have had too much light for my zoos and that has resulted in some of my meltaways. Sure appreciate some info asap :squigglemouth:

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a nova 8x54w fixture on my 55 and IMO it's overkill for a tank filled predominantly with zoas. With that fixture you would be able to support quite a bit of SPS. With the 6x54w fixture it will be more than enough for zoas and will still allow you to support some SPS. Just my .02

stedfast82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm putting 65 par at the bottom of my reef on one side just cuz the light need's to be replaced but the zoo'z on that side look better than ever not saying that's ok but they can live in low par

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 74 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 32 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back