zoos and palys melting

dustponds10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, like the title says some of my zoos and palys are melting. I am very concerned. I just upgraded the tank and had them in a holding tank and they were crowded and not much light was available but now some are melting and some really fast. I have Iodine dipped them and all but some just dont look good at all. Is there anything that I can do?

chappy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm it would be great if you could give a whole lot more info
all params as many as you could provide
with out this info i will stab at (assuming you just switched)and hopfully(didnt reuse the sand)get a poly filter in there asap when your at thr lfs buy an extra 3 or 4 for the future
do a 20 percent water and run carbon
make sure they are not in light shock and if you think so lower them and get them med flow
good luck and sorry couldnt be more help
get back to us with those numbers
good luck

OP
OP
D

dustponds10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I think I figured out what was going on. The temp of my tank was around 83.9 degrees. I dont know why I didnt notice this before. but the palys and zoos for sure didnt like it at alll. I found this late last night and woke up this morning with quite a few of them open and doing better. I was pretty bummed because I thought I lost alot of zoos and palys, definatly not out of the woods yet but I am getting closer.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 104 86.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back