Zoos and Rics

rackyrane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope someone knows about this.

I recently purchased a 10 gallon nano from a local reefer who is moving. The tank was up and running and no cycling will happen (I hope).

I want to set the tank up as zoos and rics only. Will this work, or will these guys start fighting it out? I want them both to be successful.

Any thoughts? Has anyone done this before?
Thanks!

kharn101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
should be fine, as long as there is space between them

Briney Dave

High School Marine edc.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to start with some carbon filtering just to be sure. The carbon does a great job handling any minor chemical warfare that some of these guys (not all that many it seems) try to do. You can tapper it off slowly watching for any bad signs and most likely get rid of it all together after a few more weeks.
I think most will call this over kill but I always error on the safe side when it comes to new to me set ups

OP
OP
R

rackyrane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone. The tank was already running a millenium 2000 wet/dry filter. Has carbon and a wet dry in it. Pretty nifty little setup.
Will keep you posted.

Pufferpunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carbon needs to be replaced every 30 days or less. I prefer Purigen. It's good for 3 months & can be regenerated. I've read that carbon removes essencial elememts too. Purigen does not.

OP
OP
R

rackyrane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where is a good place to find Purigen? I can easily get the carbon replacements. I've never heard of Purigen. Will have to look it up.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back