Zoos Bleaching?

jayare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I've sold several frags of my RPEs and one person is saying that their frag won't open. It's been about 1.5 weeks since they've had the frag and it looks pretty bad. Look at the first pic.

It looks bleached to me. What could have caused this? What's odd, is this person actually met me in person to get the zoos. I sent frags that took 4 days in transit and did great, so what could have caused the frag to do so poorly? Is there any hope for it to come back? The second shows what it looked like before.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments

• rpe3.jpg
    rpe3.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 140
OP
OP
J

jayare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
250 MH, I wasn't told the K. You'll notice in the pic that there are other zoos right nex to it that are opened. Could this be a water quality issue?

reeffiend

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am actually the person that they were bought for, my father brought them to me directly after he picked them up. They looked like this since I first put them in the tank. Some polyps disentigrated and the others when opened were bleached. They are under 175w 14k aqualine buske +95 W 50/50 pc. My paramaters are all in line and I do weekly 5% H2o changes. All my other zoos are doing fine, I got an order in two days ago of about 300 zoos, and everything is open and doing great, including nuclear greens. I appreciate you trying to figure out what happened, and do you think the color will come back? I'm attaching some more photos of the rpe's as well as other zoa's in my tank. The zoa's in the sand are the ones I got in 2 days ago, and the one's on the rockwork have been there for over a year. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• czoarpe.jpg
    czoarpe.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 180
  • czoarpe!!.jpg
    czoarpe!!.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 204
  • czoarpe2.jpg
    czoarpe2.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 147
  • czoaotherzoa.jpg
    czoaotherzoa.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 166
  • czoarpe3.jpg
    czoarpe3.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 143
OP
OP
J

jayare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. It looks like everything is in line with your tank. I would be happy to get you a new frag, I just need to know how to get them to you.

Thanks,
Jesse

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back