zoos not opening.

petemichelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
some of my zoas I had for a month or two and were doing well but then they started to not open up. clumps of them in a colony, and then all of one kind in my zoa garden, then eventually now my whole garden. sometimes they open for a couple of hours and close right back up. they have been like this for weeks. when they finally shrivel up and die they look like these pictures. I have tried moving them up, moving them down, I did a chemi clean followed by a 20% water change, I did a rx dip, a revive dip, still the same. originally my lighting was at 60& but some of the zoas looked like they were reaching for the light so I bumped it to 70%. at 60% they were already starting this closing up business. any ideas?? I'm about to just let it run it's course and do weekly water changes. I can't think of anything else.
3.jpg
3.jpg
5.jpg
Untitled.jpg

I have 150 gal tank with 30 gal sump, I run a phosphate reactor with GFO, a reactor with carbon, a UV sterilizer, and a v240 skimmer with a mag18 pump.
my mag is 1360, cal is 420, alk is 11. nitrates are 4, phosphates are .02. temp is 78-80 with a chiller. I even test potassium 320, and iodine, .06, ph is 8.2, salinity is 1.023. I have 3 130 watt maxpect razors at 70% for 7 hours of white 1/2 hour ramp up and 1/2 hour ramp down. the blues are set for 8 hours and 1/2 hour ramp up and 1/2 hour ramp down.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    386.9 KB · Views: 141

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Bump is to get your post back to the top of the New Post List. Was trying to get you a quick answer.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • None.

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 7.3%
Back