Taking a Break…Or Maybe Not!!!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Now that the weather is warming up, and people in the U.S. are getting out of the homes more, I will be releasing videos every other week for a while.

Last edited:

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
If you’re getting burnt out with the channel, It might be better to just make a vid when you’re motivated and inspired than forcing something on a consistent basis just to put something out. Or just take some time off and see how you feel.

I felt the need to make content but decided to stop forcing, and just make something when I have the time, ideas and mental bandwidth to do so. It makes the whole thing more enjoyable and less of a chore.

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
If you’re getting burnt out with the channel, It might be better to just make a vid when you’re motivated and inspired than forcing something on a consistent basis just to put something out. Or just take some time off and see how you feel.

I felt the need to make content but decided to stop forcing, and just make something when I have the time, ideas and mental bandwidth to do so. It makes the whole thing more enjoyable and less of a chore.
It’s still fun to do it, but I’ve been working a lot at my day job, and my time and energy are limited lately. But then I was trying to think of the big picture as well.
I started the channel to try to help others, and to share my reefing journey. Now 139 videos later, I think people get the gist and can refer to those videos whenever they’d like.

I’m not in the reefing industry, and not an influencer or content creator. So at this point in time I’m reconsidering the truth of my situation, though I will be reefing for a long time to come if I can help it. But nothing is final yet either. Thanks for your thoughts!

OP
OP
Reefer Matt

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Well, after some of you reached out, I think I will continue the channel after all. I am also seeing a need to differentiate between what real reefing looks like, versus the marketing of social media influencers (which I am not). I aim to help others succeed and help normalize “normal” reef tanks. So new videos will be released on Sunday mornings at 9am EST as time permits. Thank you for your support, and Happy Reefing!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 75 71.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back