Waterbox 30.2 AIO

Reef Plop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! Getting back into saltwater after a year and a half break! I just bought a used waterbox 35.2 I believe it’s the old version because the width is much more shallow than the new one but regardless I’m happy with the purchase for the most part! I’ll be posting a lot and talking about the process and how it’s going so I’d love for your guys input and following along my journey! I wanted to get the waterbox 65.4 but my landlord said it was too big for the appartment and he thought it would fall through the floor lol, so that’s why I have some overkill equipment!
Tank equipment:
- AI prime 16hd have two but using one for now until I figure out what skimmer I want to use
- mighty jet dc pump
- 300w scuba heater
- Carrib sea life rock about 25 lb
- Carrib sea Fiji pink sand 20lb
- deciding on the skimmer I have a 9004 non dc model and a 9001dc unsure if it still works from years ago
- tunze osmolator 3 ATO
- brs eggcrate for under rocks
- brs super glue to hold the rocks together
- waterbox medium magnet scraper which is way overkill so I’m getting the smaller one because it literally shakes the tank when I use it and I already scratched the front glass :(
I’ll update more tonight after I’m done with work just figured I’d post it up and start to get the thread going! I started the cycle 5/12/24 using dr Tim’s ammonia and dr Tim’s one and only nitrifying bacteria!

IMG_4650.jpeg
IMG_4657.jpeg IMG_4659.jpeg IMG_4660.jpeg IMG_4661.jpeg IMG_4662.jpeg IMG_4673.jpeg IMG_4679.jpeg IMG_4687.jpeg IMG_4688.jpeg IMG_4686.jpeg IMG_4689.jpeg IMG_4692.jpeg IMG_4681.jpeg IMG_4684.jpeg IMG_4685.jpeg IMG_4693.jpeg IMG_4694.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4683.mov
    41.5 MB

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I will for sure be posting a lot and keeping everyone updated! So happy to be back into the hobby I love and missed so much!
I know how you feel, after 16 years of reefing I was out for ten years.

OP
OP
Reef Plop

Reef Plop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s how the cycle is going I’m not sure but my hanna ammonia checker just keeps reading 3.0 every single day I’ve checked it kinda thinking maybe the regeant is bad. I’m not sure though because the green on my api is getting lighter everyday and the cycles been started. Here’s yesterday’s test of ammonia and nitrate.
IMG_4713.jpeg

OP
OP
Reef Plop

Reef Plop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting closer and closer to being cycled! So excited to hopefully put a fire fish in next week! I’m able to use two ai primes on the tank with using the tunze 9001 dc skimmer! I’ll post up a picture of my test results yesterday
IMG_4780.jpeg

OP
OP
Reef Plop

Reef Plop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also figured out why my ammonia checker isn’t working properly, it’s because it’s the darn freshwater version! Oops haha!

OP
OP
Reef Plop

Reef Plop

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to post Thursday but I got a bunch more goodies from @Bulk Reef Supply. Extremely happy with the packaging on the ato container I got. I just need to get a couple shelves so I can start doing some cable management and making the underside of the tank looking nice! Also I got my @Kraken Reef filter floss cups in! They look awesome as well! So excited for my lid to come! I also pre-ordered two fish from @tsmaquatics . I ordered a fire fish and a yellow banded possum wrasse! The cycles going pretty well, I actually just turned the lights off on Thursday until the cycles complete there’s some algae starting to grow on the sand.

IMG_4822.jpeg
IMG_4826.jpeg
IMG_4789.png
IMG_4788.png
IMG_4875.jpeg
IMG_4876.jpeg
IMG_4877.jpeg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 143 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%

Back